E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+3
beyondgrappling
tafftaz
seppuku
7 posters

Modified Scissor- Tomoe Nage

seppuku

Modified  Scissor- Tomoe Nage Empty Modified Scissor- Tomoe Nage

Post by seppuku Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Former korean 2003 90 kgs world champion  Hwang used to do it in judo , it looks like from a ex soviet -sambo background though:?:  :

tafftaz

Modified  Scissor- Tomoe Nage Empty Re: Modified Scissor- Tomoe Nage

Post by tafftaz Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:48 am

Nice throw but not one that has not been done before. Karen Briggs used to do a similar variation of tomoe nage years ago.
    beyondgrappling

Post by beyondgrappling Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:39 pm

Great technique. I loved it
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:49 pm

In sambo youre allowed to use a variety of grips, and you can attack the legs. And it has quite some grundfighting including leg locks. If this was the future of judo I will be happy because Ive not seen many boring sambo fights before.
    beyondgrappling

Post by beyondgrappling Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:24 am

Dutch Budo wrote:In sambo youre allowed to use a variety of grips, and you can attack the legs. And it has quite some grundfighting including leg locks. If this was the future of judo I will be happy because Ive not seen many boring sambo fights before.

I think you wont see as many boring sambo fights because there is still a big difference between nations in terms of skill level - just like the old school japanese fighters. But now Judo has spread around the globe and so there are good fighters from very country. For example Algeria vs Japan in Judo usually ended in Japan winning via a quick ippon but these days algeria can scrape a win by yuko because skill levels are closer.

Be interested to hear other peoples thoughts on the matter
    ccwscott

Post by ccwscott Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:34 am

beyondgrappling wrote:
    Dutch Budo wrote:In sambo youre allowed to use a variety of grips, and you can attack the legs. And it has quite some grundfighting including leg locks. If this was the future of judo I will be happy because Ive not seen many boring sambo fights before.

I think you wont see as many boring sambo fights because there is still a big difference between nations in terms of skill level - just like the old school japanese fighters. But now Judo has spread around the globe and so there are good fighters from very country. For example Algeria vs Japan in Judo usually ended in Japan winning via a quick ippon but these days algeria can scrape a win by yuko because skill levels are closer.

I think you're absolutely right.  It's something that most sports go through.  Once everyone is extremely proficient the game can get a little weird and often overhauls to the rules are needed to make it work again.
    contrarian
    contrarian

Post by contrarian Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:09 pm

hmm, haven't seen tomoe done quite like that before.
    he kicked out the opponents right leg at the same time as he put his other leg on the stomach. usually the leg is kicked out after the entry.
    gonna try this.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:18 pm

beyondgrappling wrote:

Bit of both imo

The open rule set especially stomach landings scoring helps

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:55 am