E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Submission

ThePieman
    ThePieman

Submission Empty Submission

Post by ThePieman Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:42 pm

Stumbled across this on the web, it contains an interesting form of submission, the snore!

The instructors reaction is also quite interesting
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Submission Empty Re: Submission

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:59 pm

ThePieman wrote:Stumbled across this on the web, it contains an interesting form of submission, the snore!

The instructors reaction is also quite interesting
    You know what ? I don't think that is funny at all ! I am not blaming you, but the clip, assuming it isn't fake. It is poor control when one chokes out or breaks people's arms without realizing it or having the intention to do so. If one does not sense as an instructor how far one is doing a movement, then that is worrysome.

There is also a probem with the uke if he just passively undergoes this movement without alerting the instructor that the choke is too narrow.

Thirdly, in terms of resuscitation, why exactly does the instructor pull up the guys head when the cause of the passing out is reduced blood circulation and oxygen to the brain. It's not like the opponent was at an acute risk for throwing up since one does not typically step on the mat with a full stomach.

As an instructor it's not just great if you know lots of techniques, and can transfer knowledge well, but also that you teach in the safest possible way appropriate to the age and experience group. It's possible that a controlling movement is tighter than intended, but if so one would and should be sensing the presence or absence of resistance in the opponent or eventually verbally checking if he's OK. Maybe some find that I am exaggerating, but imagine a worst case scenario where the opponent goes in V-Fib.
    Kenan79
    Kenan79

Post by Kenan79 Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:39 am

It could be possible that the assistant simply failed to realize he's about to black out and didn't tap on time. It could also be possible that the instructor did the choke too fast and too hard and the other guy simply didn't have time to react.

Whatever the reason, this shouldn't have happened at all, especially as it was a demo. I think they both kinda screwed up.

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:15 am

Kenan79 wrote:It could be possible that the assistant simply failed to realize he's about to black out and didn't tap on time. It could also be possible that the instructor did the choke too fast and too hard and the other guy simply didn't have time to react.

Whatever the reason, this shouldn't have happened at all, especially as it was a demo. I think they both kinda screwed up.

What did you expect, they are both wearing a blue gi, for Christ's sake !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 pm