E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+3
Jonesy
Cichorei Kano
Ryvai
7 posters

Jean-Luc Rouge promoted to 9th dan

Ryvai
    Ryvai

Jean-Luc Rouge promoted to 9th dan Empty Jean-Luc Rouge promoted to 9th dan

Post by Ryvai Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:23 am

On november 28th 2013 there where promotions in France. Jean-Luc Rouge to receive 9th dan.

List here:
    http://www.ffjudo.com/ffj/content/download/22153/99547/file/Résultats%20admis%20CN6%20-%2016%20et%2017%20novembre%202013.pdf
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Jean-Luc Rouge promoted to 9th dan Empty Jocyelyne Triadou becomes first French female 8th dan holder

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:18 pm

Also noteworthy is that Jocelyne Triadou became the 2nd European woman (after British Ellen Cobb) to be graded to the high rank of 8th dan. Triadou was a women's judo pioneer being born in 1954 and winning 5 European judo titles. This puts her at number 5 of 6 in the all-time list of female 8th dan holders.

With Triadou and Rougé, also 4 additional males were promoted to 8th dan (Pierre Albertini, Marc Alexander, Fabien Canu, Bernard Tchoulouyan).

In conclusion, you chances are statistically higher to become 8th dan as a member of the French Judo Federation than becoming a Woohooshidan on the Judo Forum !

Congrats to all these fine judoka, many of who have made important collaborations. Bernard Tchoullouyan (nicknamed "TchouTchou) impressed us during the 1979 European Championships with his seoi-nage, and also won a bronze the next year during the 1980 Olympics in Moscow.

Jean-Luc Rougé is obviously world famous. He is 64 years old, so very young for a 9th dan, but he has immense record. He was the first French world champion in 1975 in Vienna and this had the same effect in France as Geesink had in Holland. Judo in France became immensely popular. I was very inspired by Rougé in those days and he was my favorite judo athlete, certainly with Ruska no longer around. He was also impressive during the 1979 European championships and he won two medals (silver and bronze) during the 1979 World championships in Paris in a very memorable championships. Hopes were great until he came out against a still relatively unknown Japanese guy by the name of Yamashita who beat his ass and threw him from the left to the right leaving Rougé visibly in shock; he could literally not believe that anyone would be able to do this again him, a world championship. At that point obviously, the world did not yet know what kind of phenomenon Yamashita would grow to be.

After his career, successfully entered the administration of the both the FFJDA and of the EJU and is also involved in the IJF. Last time I met him in person was during the world championships in Rotterdam in 2009 and he was towering over him. Most athlete data sheets list him as being 6'3" but he looked taller to me. It's only when you are close to him that you realize how wide his shoulders still are. Rougé was a fairly technical jûdôka having harai-goshi as his favorite. He looked inspired by Ruska, also being physically strong and was one of the jûdôka of those days who was able lift most weight coming second only to Kuznetsov.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Jean-Luc Rouge promoted to 9th dan Empty Re: Jean-Luc Rouge promoted to 9th dan

Post by Jonesy Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:30 pm

Congratulations to M.Rouge. I had the pleasure of training with him when he was in the UK a few years ago. He signed my copy of the Masterclass Haraigoshi book which he wrote. I have it on my shelf to this day.
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:10 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:After his career, successfully entered the administration of the both the FFJDA and of the EJU and is also involved in the IJF.
    Well, just to relativise things a little bit, let me add that his "political" record as president of the french federation is quite controversial in some judo circles.
    In France, he is the man in charge of judo. Not everyone is pleased about the way he handles that power over there.
     No
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:52 am

Jihef wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:After his career, successfully entered the administration of the both the FFJDA and of the EJU and is also involved in the IJF.
    Well, just to relativise things a little bit, let me add that his "political" record as president of the french federation is quite controversial in some judo circles.
    In France, he is the man in charge of judo. Not everyone is pleased about the way he handles that power over there.
     No
    Are you trying to imply that you can actually find a french who is satisfied with his/her leader?

On a more general level the eader of the federation is only as good as the medal record of the federation is.

BTW AFAIK Jean-Luc Rouge has always recieved his salary from state sports organisations. Wish there were more like him in the world.
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:59 am

finarashi wrote:
    Jihef wrote:
     No
    Are you trying to imply that you can actually find a french who is satisfied with his/her leader?
    Hi finn'
    I am not implying anything. Just relaying to you guys what I am aware of, through reading various french media, articles, judo forums, etc.

Many are voicing some dissatisfaction about JLR. He is the big boss. He rules.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:28 am

Jihef wrote:
     No

With "successfully" I imply that it is something he can put in his résumé and that would look good and that he wasn't fired from his position due to any scandal or incompetency. I think that in the same context any American president over the last 40 years except for Nixon would probably refer to their "successful tenure" ...
    Bimyou
    Bimyou

Post by Bimyou Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Rouge was always a hero of mine. He was/is very tall and I saw him get under a huge Russian with a seo for ippon in Ludwigshaven in 1977. Congratulations to him on his extraordinary career.
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:51 am

Rougé has been promoted 10th dan last December.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:47 am