E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

One handed training tips (broken wrist)

Osaecomic

One handed training tips (broken wrist) Empty One handed training tips (broken wrist)

Post by Osaecomic Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:35 am

Hi everyone,
    I'd appreciate tips, videos etc. for training while the broken wrist heals. No kumikata or anything else with the left hand, no falling and nothing else too dangerous to make things even worse. I was thinking about taisabaki and tsuki ashi practise alone and with partner, guakusoku keiko ashi barai practise (without throwing) and of course some conditioning excercises. Any ideas will be considered and appreciated. Thanks!
    Davaro
    Davaro

One handed training tips (broken wrist) Empty Re: One handed training tips (broken wrist)

Post by Davaro Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:46 am

Perfect time to brush up on left-hand Ippon-Seio's. Right hand grips uke's left sleeve etc.

Conditioning? All I can suggest is stamina work. Shuttle runs etc. Work on your bleep-test score.

Oh, and welcome to the forum
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

One handed training tips (broken wrist) Empty Re: One handed training tips (broken wrist)

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:50 am

Osaecomic wrote:Hi everyone,
    I'd appreciate tips, videos etc. for training while the broken wrist heals. No kumikata or anything else with the left hand, no falling and nothing else too dangerous to make things even worse. I was thinking about taisabaki and tsuki ashi practise alone and with partner, guakusoku keiko ashi barai practise (without throwing) and of course some conditioning excercises. Any ideas will be considered and appreciated. Thanks!

Solo (tandoku renshu) tai sabaki would be good, also same for all your throwing movements. You can do most throws without the hikite in any case, just have uke onto your lapel instead of your sleeve. Turning (tsurikomi) drills will work the same...you can focus on your tsurite action combined with body movement/positioning.

One handed ashi barai will be good, especially if you work on the lapel side (usually happens in kenka yotsu). You can throw, just don't grip with your injured wrist.

I'm assuming it's in a cast...

In any do what you feel safe doing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:52 pm