E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
judoratt
Vin
6 posters

Dax Moskito Judo gi

Vin
    Vin

Dax Moskito Judo gi Empty Dax Moskito Judo gi

Post by Vin Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Found some old Dax moskito inventory and is going to clear them out. Some of you might remember the Dax Moskito while not everyone's favorite is a heavy weight double weave stiff as armor and preshrunk. I have some with the shoulder embroidery but most are plain in selected sizes left.

DAX MOSKITO CLEARANCE

Dax Moskito Judo gi Moskitos-lg
    judoratt
    judoratt

Dax Moskito Judo gi Empty Re: Dax Moskito Judo gi

Post by judoratt Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Let me know what you have. I like the embroidery blue 3.0 Send me a PM if the # is right could sell some in the dojo also.
    Bert
    Vin
    Vin

Post by Vin Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:53 pm

The Dax Moskito in Blue with embroidery is a size 2.5/155 fits someone up to 5'6". Non embroidery ones in Blue I have 7 left.
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:57 am

Do you have many in White size 6?
    xjej
    xjej

Post by xjej Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:38 am

Damn, California seems a bit far from here shippingwise :\
    Vin
    Vin

Post by Vin Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:19 am

afulldeck wrote:Do you have many in White size 6?

I have 1 left in size 6 with Embroidery, a few in 5.5.

Non embroidered in White I have a couple of size 6 left.
    Vin
    Vin

Post by Vin Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:21 am

xjej wrote:Damn, California seems a bit far from here shippingwise :\

Where are you? Most places in the U.S. is within 5 days via UPS ground. Overseas depending where you are, USPS priority mail will normally takes 6 days to 10 days.
    xjej
    xjej

Post by xjej Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:45 am

Aha sorry, south Europe here Very Happy
    Vin
    Vin

Post by Vin Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:51 am

xjej wrote:Aha sorry, south Europe here Very Happy

I thought it would be easy for you to get Dax Moskito in Europe, no?
    xjej
    xjej

Post by xjej Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:51 am

Prices you offering are quite good, not to mention prices on mizuno (which in my country are nothing I wanna talk about ).
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:11 am

Please, note that in some European countries such parcels may end up with customs who may add huge import taxes. In some countries the import taxes are not calculated on the actual costs of the gi, but on the total costs, so basically also on the Shipping & Handling. In addition, in some countries such parcels are held in a central customs warehouse instead of being delivered to the address on it, which may mean that the customer has to travel himself to there (which could be 100s of kilometers) or pay for special deliver on top of the import taxes. Usually this is avoided if shipped by FedEx or DHL but courier delivery,
    Vin
    Vin

Post by Vin Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:42 am

When shipping via USPS some customers request the item be marked as gifts and at a lower declared value. This may or may not help, but might affect the claim if the package was lost. Some country like Canada allows their citizens a $400.00 limit each year on importing goods, as I have been told.

The Pros and Cons with shipping via FedEX, UPS International or DHL is that it is a lot more work for the shipper because of the custom forms we have to fill out here. The shipping cost also increased to 3 times of what the U.S. Post Office charges. But you do get the package within 3 to 5 days where as the postal system is not guaranteed.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:27 am

Vin wrote:When shipping via USPS some customers request the item be marked as gifts and at a lower declared value. This may or may not help, but might affect the claim if the package was lost. Some country like Canada allows their citizens a $400.00 limit each year on importing goods, as I have been told.

The Pros and Cons with shipping via FedEX, UPS International or DHL is that it is a lot more work for the shipper because of the custom forms we have to fill out here. The shipping cost also increased to 3 times of what the U.S. Post Office charges. But you do get the package within 3 to 5 days where as the postal system is not guaranteed.

Yes, it depends on the country, but anything from outside of the EC is targeted in some countries. If one lives in the UK it usually is no problem, but some other countries are much more severe. The last gi I ordered in Japan and had it shipped to Europe was, I think, in 2003, which was $350 gi, I think, and customs added a surcharge of at least $100, which was far more than the VAT-tax on the gi. When I complained that in fact they calculated their taxes also on the Shipping & Handling, which meant that I was basically paying taxes on the stamps glued on the package including the wrapper, they gave me the choice of either paying or forgetting about the gi I had prepaid. The customs are not stupid and if the package is large enough (a gi is large enough), they disregard 'gift' written on it. I have done this many times in the past, and depending on the country, it's often big sh*t.

When I left Japan, I had so much luggage, that a friend shipped by shoes and some items by boat. It was the same sh*t. I had to travel all the way to the central customs depot. I had to to pay a big fine, and import taxes, got in a big argument telling them it were my own worn shoes, and that they just had to open the package and look themselves. They did let me go in the end with my shoes and without paying anything, but it was not fun.

The same happened, many years later when I had been studying in the US. I had a box with books that were too heavy to carry as checked baggage in the plane, and I shipped them with a cargo-airline of which I can't remember the name and which I haven't heard of in years so they may not exist anymore (they used to fly DC-8s). All over the box I had written "Used study books". Same sh*t. They did delivered them to my home, and I thought I had had it only to have them ring my doorbell a day later, telling me that they had forgotten to charge me and that I should pay income taxes. I told them to go put it where the sun don't shine, and that I was not going to pay anything as this stuff was my own, and that if they didn't like it, they could charge me and have the judge decide. I got a couple of more calls over the next two days and kept refusing, and they gave up.

It has been a hassle everytime ordering something from the US or Japan, UNLESS the items is small enough to fit in a padded envelope carried by the postman. So ordering smaller computer parts, no problem, they arrive sound and well. This is also a big problem for buys on E-Bay.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Vin wrote:When shipping via USPS some customers request the item be marked as gifts and at a lower declared value. This may or may not help, but might affect the claim if the package was lost. Some country like Canada allows their citizens a $400.00 limit each year on importing goods, as I have been told.

Yeah Vin ... you don't want to get involved in export sales with a falsified invoice. Governments frown on tax evasion, fraud, stuff like that.

Vin
    Vin

Post by Vin Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:08 pm

BillC wrote:

Yeah Vin ... you don't want to get involved in export sales with a falsified invoice.  Governments frown on tax evasion, fraud, stuff like that.

Who, me? Never. Surprised 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 pm