E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Ben Reinhardt
medo
6 posters

the egg cutter

medo

the egg cutter Empty the egg cutter

Post by medo Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:41 am

I have a neighbour a few streets along he is a qualified doorman we often chat on passing mainly about he’s latest bouncing episode (been  training/teaching muay thai for 20yrs a very tough cookie)

He mentioned the egg cutter, no idea what he was talking about but he said it was effective and been training it for a few months so just looked it up on you tube.

Ouchh a law suit waiting to happen me thinks

Just what is happening here apparently the guy just passes out and the doormen just move him outside were he comes around.

I have no reason to doubt this guy he is one guy that I would not like to mess with.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

the egg cutter Empty Re: the egg cutter

Post by Ben Reinhardt Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:22 pm

I can't even understand what he is doing in that video,or how you would apply it in the chaos of a "real" fight.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Ben Reinhardt wrote:I can't even understand what he is doing in that video,or how you would apply it in the chaos of a "real" fight.

Ah, but you have not been training for or participating in the Judo Show, now have you ?!  Laughing 
    still learning

Post by still learning Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Is ki involved?
    medo

Post by medo Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:46 pm

Ben Reinhardt wrote:I can't even understand what he is doing in that video,or how you would apply it in the chaos of a "real" fight.

It seems majority of doormans work is dealing with drunk people becoming mouthy so he just goes up to them and does this and drags them out. best thing since sliced bread for him he says  Razz 

I would take it as a joke from just viewing the youtube but this guy is a doorman at the dog track and one of the lets say seediest clubs in the city. Known him for years even came to my club a few times, thats why I know he's the real deal he has people just come up to him and challenge him to fights and as I said not a guy to mess with that breaks knees/legs with a single kick.

Could it be just jarring the brain as in punch to chin I don't know..don't think hes pulling my leg Very Happy
    Ryvai
    Ryvai

Post by Ryvai Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:20 pm

You need a blue gi to perform this.
    medo

Post by medo Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:50 pm

Ryvai wrote:You need a blue gi to perform this.

It ain't Judo never in a million years but just thought it might interest the MMA/Jui/SD guys  Very Happy  leave it to them to try it and see if it works its not for the Judo dojo...
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:10 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:

Ah, but you have not been training for or participating in the Judo Show, now have you ?!   Laughing 

If you don't count getting apoplectic at/about horrible refereeing, no. I have been the source of entertainment when competing against elite athletes, though, as well as providing an easy warm up !
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:11 am

still learning wrote:Is ki involved?

Always, whether you can feel it or not!
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:31 am

medo wrote:

It seems majority of doormans work is dealing with drunk people becoming mouthy so he just goes up to them and does this and drags them out. best thing since sliced bread for him he says  Razz 

I would take it as a joke from just viewing the youtube but this guy is a doorman at the dog track and one of the lets say seediest clubs in the city. Known him for years even came to my club a few times, thats why I know he's the real deal he has people just come up to him and challenge him to fights and as I said not a guy to mess with that breaks knees/legs with a single kick.

Could it be just jarring the brain as in punch to chin I don't know..don't think hes pulling my leg Very Happy
    You've already jarred my brain.

Best thing to do is get the guy to demonstrate on you. Send us the video and a write up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:22 pm