E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Coaching courses BJA vs BJC

Coaching courses BJA vs BJC Empty Coaching courses BJA vs BJC

Post by Guest Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:07 pm

Where can I get info on the costs and requirements of BJA and BJC coaching courses/qualifications ?
    Carlo
    Carlo

Coaching courses BJA vs BJC Empty Re: Coaching courses BJA vs BJC

Post by Carlo Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:01 pm

The BJC FPJ1/2 courses cost about £40 each.

I can't find the requirements online, but if you phone Head Office they may send you the booklets.
    techman

Post by techman Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 pm

Dew wrote:Where can I get info on the costs and requirements of BJA and BJC coaching courses/qualifications ?

As Carlo said Bjc level FPJ1is for green belt)3rd kyu) and above. Level 2 FPJ is for 1st Kyu and above. Details are available from H.O. British judo council. Costs are around £40, but vary slightly from area to area.Open to all judoka, but you must be a licence holder of the organisation, not an affiliate member, as affiliate members cannot have their licence signed by a different organisation.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:25 am

techman wrote:
    Dew wrote:Where can I get info on the costs and requirements of BJA and BJC coaching courses/qualifications ?

As Carlo said Bjc level FPJ1is for green belt)3rd kyu) and above. Level 2 FPJ is for 1st Kyu and above. Details are available from H.O. British judo council. Costs are around £40, but vary slightly from area to area.Open to all judoka, but you must be a licence holder of the organisation, not an affiliate member, as affiliate members cannot have their licence signed by a different organisation.

I have a friend who is a Brazilian national gold medalist and I believe is the current Northern Irish champion in his weight class and wants to teach Judo over here in the UK. Just wondering what the best route is
    for him to ge this coaching certificate. He has to get his dan grade transferred from Brazil first (he as the documents) - what would he have to actually do to legally coach here - his standard is near olympic level and he's been trained by Japanese since the age of 5 so theres no doubt he has the technical skill - but would he need to do a course in the UK or something - or could he just join the BJC and have an exam or something - how much Kata does he need to know etc etc Are the BJc coaching certificates valid in Northern Ireland ?
    techman

Post by techman Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 pm

Dew wrote:
    techman wrote:

I have a friend who is a Brazilian national gold medalist and I believe is the current Northern Irish champion in his weight class and wants to teach Judo over here in the UK. Just wondering what the best route is
    for him to ge this coaching certificate. He has to get his dan grade transferred from Brazil first (he as the documents) - what would he have to actually do to legally coach here - his standard is near olympic level and he's been trained by Japanese since the age of 5 so theres no doubt he has the technical skill - but would he need to do a course in the UK or something - or could he just join the BJC and have an exam or something - how much Kata does he need to know etc etc Are the BJc coaching certificates valid in Northern Ireland ?

First BJC certificates are valid in Northern Ireland, as it's part of the U.K. If he is technically competent he would have no problem with the BJC syllabus. Nage and Katame no kata are standard 1st dan kata for BJC 1st Dans, and further kata are required as the grade goes up.

The BJC syllabus can be seen on the BJC website. Now the issue of grade transfer. My understanding Dew is that providing his grade is with a recognised national body he will have no problem having the grade accepted by the BJC.

He will be given a time period during which he would be required to demonstrate his knowledge of the syllabus. He does sound like the type of guy the BJC or BJA would be interested in though. Hope this helps, feel free to ask further information and I will help if I can.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:26 pm

techman wrote:
    Dew wrote:
    techman wrote:

First BJC certificates are valid in Northern Ireland, as it's part of the U.K. If he is technically competent he would have no problem with the BJC syllabus. Nage and Katame no kata are standard 1st dan kata for BJC 1st Dans, and further kata are required as the grade goes up.

The BJC syllabus can be seen on the BJC website. Now the issue of grade transfer. My understanding Dew is that providing his grade is with a recognised national body he will have no problem having the grade accepted by the BJC.

He will be given a time period during which he would be required to demonstrate his knowledge of the syllabus. He does sound like the type of guy the BJC or BJA would be interested in though. Hope this helps, feel free to ask further information and I will help if I can.

Hi - thanks for the info.
    assuming he can satisfactorily demonstrate his knowledge of the syllabus what would he actually have to do to get the coach cert and be able to teach Judo ? Are there any BJC clubs in NI or would he need to go over to the mainland UK and if so are there specific dates ?
    Carlo
    Carlo

Post by Carlo Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:10 am

Hashi Judo Kwai is listed on the BJC website in County Down, Northern Ireland.

You can find their contact details here.
    techman

Post by techman Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:45 am

Dew wrote:
    techman wrote:
    Dew wrote:
    techman wrote:

Hi - thanks for the info.
    assuming he can satisfactorily demonstrate his knowledge of the syllabus what would he actually have to do to get the coach cert and be able to teach Judo ? Are there any BJC clubs in NI or would he need to go over to the mainland UK and if so are there specific dates ?

Visit the BJC website and you will get all the information on where the FPJ courses are to be held. Good Luck

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm