E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Itsutsu no Kata - for the Emperor and Empress

NBK
    NBK

Itsutsu no Kata - for the Emperor and Empress Empty Itsutsu no Kata - for the Emperor and Empress

Post by NBK Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Yesterday I attended the 50th Budo Festival marking the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Nihon Budokan.

The show was divided into two sets.
    - Set 1
    Ogasawara ryu Kyubajutsu
    Judo
    Kendo
    Sumo
    Karatedo

The Emperor and Empress attended the first set.

Judoka Sato Nakaichiro 7 dan and Masuchi Katsuyuki 6 dan performed Itsutsu no kata. They looked great to me, but I always wonder about performing INK for anyone that doesn't have a lot of judo background.

The karatedo was three women that absolutely wowed the crowd - incredibly precise, quick, synchronized mayhem that included more throws than Nage no kata, it seemed.

The kendo was a set of senior folks, four pairs doing Nihon Kendo Kata, the paired bokken basics, iai, and my former jodo instructor performing jo kata.

To initiated (i.e., all but a handful of senior judoka in the audience) the INK was a distinct oddity among the others, I think.

Any comments?

NBK
    BillC
    BillC

Itsutsu no Kata - for the Emperor and Empress Empty Re: Itsutsu no Kata - for the Emperor and Empress

Post by BillC Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:28 pm

NBK wrote:Yesterday I attended the 50th Budo Festival marking the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Nihon Budokan.  

- Set 1
    Ogasawara ryu Kyubajutsu
    Judo
    Kendo
    Sumo
    Karatedo

Judoka Sato Nakaichiro 7 dan and Masuchi Katsuyuki 6 dan performed Itsutsu no kata. They looked great to me, but I always wonder about performing INK for anyone that doesn't have a lot of judo background.

The karatedo was three women that absolutely wowed the crowd - incredibly precise, quick, synchronized mayhem that included more throws than Nage no kata, it seemed.  

The kendo was a set of senior folks, four pairs doing Nihon Kendo Kata, the paired bokken basics, iai, and my former jodo instructor performing jo kata.  

To initiated (i.e., all but a handful of senior judoka in the audience) the INK was a distinct oddity among the others, I think.

Any comments?

NBK  

Yeah ... I have a question. I sat around the hotel yesterday with my thumb ... with nothing to do except work and wait for a fizzled typhoon. How come I didn't know this was going on? Wink
    NBK
    NBK

Itsutsu no Kata - for the Emperor and Empress Empty Re: Itsutsu no Kata - for the Emperor and Empress

Post by NBK Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:42 am

BillC wrote:
    NBK wrote:Yesterday I attended the 50th Budo Festival marking the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Nihon Budokan.  

- Set 1
    Ogasawara ryu Kyubajutsu
    Judo
    Kendo
    Sumo
    Karatedo

Any comments?

NBK  

Yeah ... I have a question.  I sat around the hotel yesterday with my thumb ... with nothing to do except work and wait for a fizzled typhoon.  How come I didn't know this was going on? Wink
    Wouldn't done you any good to know. By invitation only, all entrants screened against a by name roster. Very tight security. And all projectile weapons demonstrated after the Imperial couple left, I noticed, except the Ogasawara ryu guy had and shot a single whistle bulb head shaft that couldn't have put your eye out.

Besides, you didn't ask.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:33 pm