E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Good to be back!

Kaji
    Kaji

Good to be back! Empty Good to be back!

Post by Kaji Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:25 pm

After an extended period of absence from the online Judo community, I am back. It is great to see so many familiar faces (or should I say, names).

To those who don't know or remember me, I'm one of the old timers from the last two reincarnations of the Judo forum. I used to practise Judo in Hong Kong, where I lived back then. There I also trained in Korindo Aikido and a classical type of Taijiquan. In my earlier years I dabbled in a number of other martial arts - Karate, Yiquan and the popularised style of Taijiquan.

A quick update of what I have been through in the last few years when I was away from the forum community, in more or less chronological order:

1. Got married.
    2. Obtained my shodan rank in Judo and also Korindo Aikido.
    3. Moved back to Perth, Western Australia.
    4. Continued training in the Judo club of my old university here, but had to stop due to a busy life and the competitive style of the dojo was too much for my body.
    5. Searched for good Aikido and Koryu jujitsu/kenjutsu schools in Perth, but to no avail.
    6. Finally just focussed on training my Taijiquan (the classical school) by myself.
    7. Had our first child, who is now two years old.
    8. Changed my career environment from the Big4 accounting firms to the tax office.
    9. Started my course in Doctor of Business Administration, which is like a PhD. Now trying to make progress with my thesis. (Big thanks to Cichorei Kano, who has been an inspiration to me, planting the seed years ago that has now sprouted into my academic pursuit.) EDIT: After a difficult but necessary decision, it has been decided that I leave my doctoral study to a later stage in life so that I can focus on my family now. Life is certainly dynamic at the moment!
    10. With the permission and encouragement of my teacher in Hong Kong, taught our classical Taijiquan system for over a year, but have to discontinue my class next year due to my busy schedule.
    11. Going to have our second child, ETA March next year.

I have made many discoveries of knowledge and wisdom during this time. In particular, I found out that all my years of Judo training has been immensely useful in childcare - holding, carrying, restraining, changing nappies and general play-wrestling... My two-year old daughter has already shown an affinity towards martial arts. Below is a photo of her playing with my wooden Chinese sword, which is effectively a greatsword for her.

I am rejoining the wonderful online Judo community because whilst I cannot physically go to a dojo anymore I want the theory side of my Judo and other martial disciplines to continue growing. I have also missed learning from some of the very great minds here. Allow me the opportunity here to express gratitude to the teachers here for what I have learned from them over the years, and also what I will in the future to come.

Good to be back! 10625117_10153150268264251_2858548174473636543_n

Last edited by Kaji on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kaji
    Kaji

Good to be back! Empty Re: Good to be back!

Post by Kaji Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:30 am

Thanks to whoever is the kind soul who gave me my first +1 Reputation. Would you make a post to say hi and let me know who you are?
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Kaji wrote:I have made many discoveries of knowledge and wisdom during this time. In particular, I found out that all my years of Judo training has been immensely useful in childcare - holding, carrying, restraining, changing nappies and general play-wrestling... My two-year old daughter has already shown an affinity towards martial arts. Below is a photo of her playing with my wooden Chinese sword, which is effectively a greatsword for her.
    Congrats,
    and welcome back.
    Kaji
    Kaji

Post by Kaji Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks, Jihef, and thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 pm