E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Emanuele2
Ryvai
6 posters

Japanese Judoka suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully

Ryvai
    Ryvai

Japanese Judoka suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully Empty Japanese Judoka suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully

Post by Ryvai Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:27 am

A video about a Japanese Judoka who suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully.

Emanuele2

Japanese Judoka suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully Empty Re: Japanese Judoka suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully

Post by Emanuele2 Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:10 am

I remember this video in the old judoforum about 4 years ago.
    tafftaz

Japanese Judoka suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully Empty Re: Japanese Judoka suffered brain hemorrhage from being thrown forcefully

Post by tafftaz Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:22 am

I have known people who have fallen over and hit their heads and ended up with brain damage. Two I know of died (one a friend of mine).
    Serious injuries can happen anywhere, at anytime.
    Fall of Judo? The IJF are making a damn good job of that on their own without videos like this.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:51 am

Last week I saw an entire book written about the horrible year that judo had last year - the culmination of the AJJF coaching funds scandal, the conviction of judo coaches for rape and other molestations, and the figures for injuries and death figured in it (mostly from years before but hinging off more recent deaths). As the book was apparently simply a collection of articles and op-ed pieces, I didn't buy it, but it was pretty tough on judo.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:24 am

I love rugby . As a Welshman it is a big part of our culture, but I could not play in this day and age now. It is a huge collision game now. Average weight for a player is around the 100+ kgs these days and a lot of them can do 100 metres in under 14 secs. Imagine being hit by one of them.
    Not many physical sports are truly safe. Judo just happens to be more physical than most. At least you have some control on a judo mat. On a rugby pitch you can be hit from anywhere and not see anything coming.
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Crikey, tafftaz, imagine if you were playing in New Zealand! Twisted Evil

tafftaz wrote:I love rugby . As a Welshman it is a big part of our culture, but I could not play in this day and age now. It is a huge collision game now. Average weight for a player is around the 100+ kgs these days and a lot of them can do 100 metres in under 14 secs. Imagine being hit by one of them.
    Not many physical sports are truly safe. Judo just happens to be more physical than most. At least you have some control on a judo mat. On a rugby pitch you can be hit from anywhere and not see anything coming.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:50 am

Exactly Doug.
    Imagine Retallick or Savea coming at you at full tilt. Not a very appetising thought at all Very Happy
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:45 am

This is an old story and video, why does the title contain 2015?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 am