E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+4
Jonesy
柔道
judoka67
afja_lm139
8 posters

Traveling to Kodokan

judoka67

Traveling to Kodokan Empty Traveling to Kodokan

Post by judoka67 Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:06 am

Hello,
    Traveling to the Kodokan and need information about getting transportation from Narita to the Kodokan. We are staying at the Tokyo Dome down the street. I am asking what transportation will I take from the airport to get to the Tokyo Dome and Kodokan.
    afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Traveling to Kodokan Empty Re: Traveling to Kodokan

Post by afja_lm139 Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:45 am

Take loads of Yen......
    柔道

Post by 柔道 Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:14 am

Very easy trip, just take the Airport Limonsine Bus from Narita to Korakuen/Tokyo Dome then walk to the Kodokan.

https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/en/platform_searches/index/2/34
    judoka67

Post by judoka67 Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:14 am

Will there be English speaking agents at the ticket counter
    柔道

Post by 柔道 Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:36 am

Yes, all the counters have English speakers. Just tell them your hotel name or you want to go to the Kodokan and they will get you on the next bus.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:46 am

Or else take Narita Express to Tokyo Station then JR train to Suidobashi. You can also send your luggage separately from Narita to your hotel if you do not want to carry it.
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:23 am

Jonesy wrote:Or else take Narita Express to Tokyo Station then JR train to Suidobashi.  You can also send your luggage separately from Narita to your hotel if you do not want to carry it.

I usually take the Narita Express to Ueno Station, and then take a cab to the Kodokan dormitory. When I am staying in Tokyo Dome Hotel, I simply take the limousine service directly to the driveway of the hotel to and from Narita. Not too expensive, and highly convenient.

The Kodokan is about a ten minute walk from the hotel.

The International Department will open around 9 AM in the morning. It is on the ground floor near the statue of Jigoro Kano. Be sure to register there before going into the dojo building. One month of practice is around 5,000 Yen. At the current exchange rate, that is slightly less than fifty dollars.

Hint. The nearby 7/11 is a good place to get cash from the ATM. In fact, any 7/11 ATM in Japan is convenient for accessing your USA bank account. Near Tokyo Dome Hotel, just across the little plaza from Denny's, there is a bowling alley that also has international ATMs. However, the bowling alley ATM lobby will close before 9 PM.

Hint 2: Near the Tokyo Dome Hotel, close to the stadium, there is one of the best Sushi Restaurants in the neighborhood. It is not easy to find. It is on the Second level just a short distance from the stairway leading to the promenade area. Eschew the sushi boat restaurant in favor of this one, if you want superb sushi.

Hint 3: Take a good folding umbrella.

Special Excursion:

Just short walk from the Tokyo Dome Hotel, there is a beautiful park, Korakuen Koshikawa Gardens. It is an ancient park. You will step back in history 300 years or more. Do take some time to wander through this old monument to the Tokugawa period. Have a light lunch in the adjoining tea house. Experience the peaceful and serene setting of this refuge from the hustle and bustle of the busy streets of Tokyo just outside the steep stone walls that seem to silence the "yakamashii" of modern Tokyo just enough to let you refresh your spirit; almost a shin rin yoku experience right in the middle of the city.

judoka67

Post by judoka67 Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:16 pm

Thanks everyone for the information. For the Tokyo Dome Hotel will I have English speaking counter help. My Japanese is not that great. And are the rooms Americanize or are they Japanese mainly speaking the toilets. Last time I been to Japan was over 30 years ago.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:41 pm

you'll get by on all counts - they deal with some pretty obtuse types. After all, it's just 10min from the Kodokan!
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Just returned from Tokyo on Sunday..............Airport Limousine Shuttle bus from Narita Airport to the Tokyo Dome Hotel will cost ¥3100...great direct service..........From Tokyo Dome Hotel to Kodokan, walk out the front, turn to your left, walk to corner, turn left, walk about 3 city blocks....about 7 minutes, as soon as you walk under the Railway line, the entrance to the Kodokan will be on your left.....walk another 50 yards/meters to Statue of Kano and you will see the door to the International department....enter and go to first door on your right and Ms Otsugi will be happy to help you.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:02 am

Nice almost meeting you sir. Your back patch was omnipresent.
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:56 am

Our paths "almost crossed"............why didn't you make contact ??
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:01 am

Steve Leadbeater wrote:Our paths "almost crossed"............why didn't you make contact ??

Never saw you off the floor ... and you are such a popular guy otherwise. Next year perhaps.

Good news about Dax's and David's A-level in koshiki no kata though, right?
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:18 pm

Next year is looking good..............I'll try the Kata course too.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:32 am

it's a date.
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:08 pm

Perhaps I won't be totally dehydrated this time...........now that I know what a Tokyo Summer is like.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:52 pm

Steve Leadbeater wrote:Perhaps I won't be totally dehydrated this time...........now that I know what a Tokyo Summer is like.

I'll show you how many times I've been thrown on my head ... I knew but went anyway!

All my local Japanese friends were telling me it was unusually hot, but I've sweated through suit and tie too many times in a Tokyo July for them to trick me with that line. Between 35 and 37 degrees ... with high humidity who knows the difference?

Back in San Diego, the morning temp outside at my jet-lagged 4AM rise and shine is about 18C ... dang we are spoiled.
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:52 am

Currently suffering 9degC to 23 DegC temps for Sydney today..........I'll stick with that for now Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am