E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+3
JFTW
afja_lm139
fredlinux
7 posters

Rio Olympics

fredlinux
    fredlinux

Rio Olympics Empty Rio Olympics

Post by fredlinux Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:36 pm

Dear judokas,

Someone will watch the Olympic Games in Rio?

I will be at Arena 2, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday Smile
    afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Rio Olympics Empty Re: Rio Olympics

Post by afja_lm139 Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:48 pm

I thought the schedule on TV indicated Judo last night; but, surprise, surprise -- table tennis and boxing. Wish their schedule listings were more specific. I hate TV Olympic broadcasting, hate it.
    JFTW

Post by JFTW Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:38 am

afja_lm139 wrote:I thought the schedule on TV indicated Judo last night; but, surprise, surprise -- table tennis and boxing.  Wish their schedule listings were more specific.  I hate TV Olympic broadcasting, hate it.

In this day and age, in order to view judo at an Olympic Games one streams it through the Internet. (One does NOT go to the TV).

For how to view the games in your country click: http://134.213.29.25/live/
    noboru
    noboru

Rio Olympics Empty every day final block

Post by noboru Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:49 pm

I watch every day final block on internet channel from czech TV. Nice matches (semifinale and finale under 60 kilograms - very very nice, very quick, very technician - silver
    SMETOV, Yeldos (KAZ) - very very very quick ). Yesterday too (66 kg). Italian winner BASILE, Fabio (ITA) has nice judo (more ippons in his road to win), but more win gesticulation not pretty for me. I was little bit unhappy about this.

Japanese judokas have only bronze medails from each category. Their faces were as stone, when they were on the tatami. May be good self-control, but may be bronze medail is bad result for them. I don't know exactly.

I watched on Opening ceremonial, I looked more judokas as flag bearers for their countries (I heard about 10% from all flag bearers were judokas ).
    In japanese group I saw famous judoka in past Mr. Yasuhiro Yamashita in the front (second person after japanese flag bearer).
    Rio Olympics R960-6527b2a108bdea4365b84e3393349b44
    noboru
    noboru

Post by noboru Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:52 am

http://www.ijf.org/News/cikk3959

IJF wrote:
    5th August 2016.
    JUDOKA TO LEAD THE WAY AT RIO 2016 OPENING CEREMONY
    Judo will provide 19 flagbearers at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on Friday evening on the eve of day one of judo competition.
    The International Olympic Committee confirmed the list on Friday afternoon as the National Olympic Committee’s announced their selections and judo was among the most widely represented sports which served to illustrate the sport’s universality to the eyes of the world.
    At the London 2012 Olympic Games the world witnessed 14 judoka lead their nation and teammates into the Opening Ceremony and this year that record will be broke at the first Olympiad in South America.

Olympic champion and eight-time world champion Teddy Riner becomes the third French judoka to act as flagbearer at Opening Ceremony of the Olympics as he follows Angelo Parisi (Los Angeles 1984) and David Douillet (Sydney 2000).

IJF President Mr. Marius Vizer said: “I am very proud of all the judokas who were chosen to be flagbearers for their countries in the Olympic Games.

“Teddy Riner, the most exceptional judoka of current times and one of the most important sports personalities in France, deserves this honour and I am happy that he was chosen by his peers.

“I would like to congratulate all the judokas participating in the Rio Olympic Games and I wish them good luck in the competition.”

Full list of 19 judoka acting as flagbearers:

Afghanistan – Mohammad Tawfiq, -100kg
    Andorra – Laura Salles Lopez, -63kg
    Saudi Arabia – Sulaiman Hamad, 66kg
    Algeria – Sonia Asselah, +78kg
    Burkina Faso - Rachid Sidibe, +100kg
    Colombia – Yuri Alvear, -70kg
    Ecuador – Estefania Garcia, -63kg
    France – Teddy Riner, +100kg
    Georgia – Avtandili Tchrikishvili, -81kg
    Guinea – Mamadama Bongoura, -63kg
    Iceland – Thormodur Jonsson, +100kg
    Kosovo – Majlinda Kelmendi, -52kg
    Lebanon – Nacif Elias, -81kg
    Mongolia – Battulga Temuulen, +100kg
    Myanmar - Naing Soe Yan, -100kg
    Nepal - Phupu Lhamu Khatri, -63kg
    Tanzania - Andrew Thomas Mlugu, -73kg
    Czech Republic – Lukas Krpalek, -100kg
    Zambia - Mathews Punza, -66kg
    cokiee

Post by cokiee Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:21 pm

Hopefully Ono's win takes a bit of pressure off the shoulders of Inoue, but Matsumoto not having won the gold definitely didn't.

I agree with you Noburu. I didn't like what the Italian did after he won. But then again it's the Olympics.
    JakubMB

Post by JakubMB Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:51 pm

As far as technique is concerned I'm quite happy with the Games so far. I was rooting for more medals for Japan, but they still got a medal in each category, which shows the power of Japanese judo. I wonder how many more will they be able to catch. I was underwhelmed by the performance from Podolak (POL). My compartiot lost, but at least the Taiwanese girl got to fight for a medal with Matsumoto. All in all nice judo. Not bad refereeing (save the situation when Pavia's elbow got overstretched by Monteiro and the ref was too slow to react IMO).
    afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Post by afja_lm139 Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:33 pm

Thanks yawl, just venting frustration with the TV coverage. It sucks. Even on-line get sloooooooow. Smile
    cokiee

Post by cokiee Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:32 am

Seems like most broadcasters also choose to - or maybe it was part of their contracts - show only 1 mat, which means you miss about half the preliminaries.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:45 am

Kayla Harrison in semi-finals at 11:30 am Pacific Daylight Time
    http://stream.nbcolympics.com/judo-womens-under-78kg-mens-under-100kg-semifinals-medal-matches
    afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Post by afja_lm139 Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:01 am

Finally got the TV to stream in some Judo.  Gads, this is the first Olympics Judo I remember ever seeing on TV.  However, out of it all I only saw a few real Judo techniques.  Ms Harrison done good too.  Yeah, I still pine for the old stuff.  Then I can always look up old Yamashita shiai vids. Smile

I forget but recently I saw some clips of a big shiai in video and it appeared uranage was in vogue.  I really enjoyed the great pure technique.  Something like the big slam or the like, maybe PanAm  games?  Help me out here.   Yeah, I am totally out of the loop.  I saw kami-shio gatame today and just could not remember what how to say it!!!!  Man, I AM out of the loop Smile

How about Colton Brown; 21 seconds is fast for teaching uchimata. One of the old school techniques. One of the real Judo throws in the 2016 Olympics.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 pm