E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Jonesy
Conde
6 posters

Judo Kyohon Translation of Masterpiece by Jigoro Kano Created in 1931

Conde

Judo Kyohon Translation of Masterpiece by Jigoro Kano Created in 1931 Empty Judo Kyohon Translation of Masterpiece by Jigoro Kano Created in 1931

Post by Conde Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:42 pm

Has anyone bought or read this one? Is it worth bying?

http://www.blurb.es/b/7244740-judo-kyohon
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kyohon-Translation-Masterpiece-Jigoro-Created/dp/1367417848/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1473408635&sr=8-1&keywords=judo+kyohon
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Judo Kyohon Translation of Masterpiece by Jigoro Kano Created in 1931 Empty Re: Judo Kyohon Translation of Masterpiece by Jigoro Kano Created in 1931

Post by Jonesy Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:13 am

Yes. Yes.
    NBK
    NBK

Judo Kyohon Translation of Masterpiece by Jigoro Kano Created in 1931 Empty Re: Judo Kyohon Translation of Masterpiece by Jigoro Kano Created in 1931

Post by NBK Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Interesting.
    Very worthwhile if done well.
    That is the first volume of what was planned to be a two volume set.
    Kano shihan never finished the second volume - that would have been most interesting, I am sure.
    gester

Post by gester Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:46 am

Got a copy from Amazon. It's 173 pages. with the pages split with Spanish on the top half and English on the bottom half.
    I can't speak about the Spanish translation, but the English translation is awful. It is nearly unreadable. Sentence structure is terrible. The grammar is bad.
    I've read about half and that has taken me three session. I will press on.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:18 pm

gester wrote:Got a copy from Amazon. It's 173 pages. with the pages split with Spanish on the top half and English on the bottom half.
    I can't speak about the Spanish translation, but the English translation is awful. It is nearly unreadable. Sentence structure is terrible. The grammar is bad.
    I've read about half and that has taken me three session. I will press on.
    Oh, that's not good.
    I would expect the text to be longer.
    Perhaps paraphrased?
    Conde

Post by Conde Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Thank you for your input! Seeing the prewievs made me wonder a bit about the english translation. But on the other hand it is the book written by Kano. Perhaps it is worth bying anyway Smile
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:35 am

Here is an excerpt "Judo training begins with the practice of physical education and Bujitsu combined. There are 2 ways: Kata and Randori. Kata is as follow: setting forms and order of movement of combat conditioning in advance how to defend each Kata. Randori is: no respect to the opponent taking care not to hurt, freely exercise a combat, considered adequate mutual. By obtaining approval and having the intention clean, it can be recognized the basic theory to apply it in everyday life in society, which is the great path.
    When you recognize this great path, you will be able to apply to anything or matter."
    johnbudo

Post by johnbudo Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:26 pm

I have just bought the free one and it seems to me to be very interesting, the translation at Spanish belongs good and that of English is acceptable. There are many innovations in this book, very important things that never habian been counted. I think that it is the best purchase for my. I like much the way of thinking of Jigoro kano in that epoch.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 pm