E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Finally available online: the famous Project X Documentary !!

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Finally available online: the famous Project X Documentary !! Empty Finally available online: the famous Project X Documentary !!

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:01 am

Here it is !! Often referred to on the old forum. I must first apologize if you do not speak Japanese, I still hope the images will leave some impression.

There is a lot in this documentary which details the true Japanese perception and feeling about the Geesink impact ("Jûdô wa chikare kurabe de wa nai"), the stigma on Kaminaga, and finally Uemura's 1976 gold medal. If you read through the lines you may also understand how Uemura could become kanchô of the Kôdôkan and the historic impact of his 1976 victory finally 'correcting' the disgrace for Japan that had after Geesink had been finalized by Ruska. Then there is of course also Okano's role in there as the 1976 Olympic Team coach (have a look who his 'assistant' is ...), and of course it offers you a look into Uemura's training. This is a documentary to cherish, made before Uemura became Kôdôkan kanchô, excellently made !

KenRice

Finally available online: the famous Project X Documentary !! Empty Re: Finally available online: the famous Project X Documentary !!

Post by KenRice Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:22 pm

Thank you very much for posting this link. I have been waiting a long time to see this.

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:51 pm