E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+13
JudoTerrier
Neil G
Dutch Budo
Davaro
Shindai Warrior
annmaria
Cichorei Kano
judoratt
genetic judoka
JudoStu
Stacey
Ricebale
afulldeck
17 posters

ufc ronda rousey vs liz carmouche

afulldeck
    afulldeck

ufc ronda rousey vs liz carmouche Empty ufc ronda rousey vs liz carmouche

Post by afulldeck Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:02 am

Folks what are your thoughts on Ronda's next gig? Do you think that Liz will give her a fight?
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

ufc ronda rousey vs liz carmouche Empty Re: ufc ronda rousey vs liz carmouche

Post by Ricebale Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:08 am

I can't see this one veing much different than the previous ones, the ufc cage is bigger which gives a bit more room to run but imo until Ronda faces a female with tko power in the hands she will dominate.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 am

I believe this one will come to a snappy ending
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:40 am

Stacey wrote:I believe this one will come to a snappy ending

Oh stop twisting my arm :-)

JudoStu
    JudoStu

Post by JudoStu Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:33 am

afulldeck wrote:Folks what are your thoughts on Ronda's next gig? Do you think that Liz will give her a fight?

If Ronda loses it will likely be the beginning of the end for Female MMA in the UFC
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:17 am

I haven't ordered a PPV in years. I might have to for this one.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 am

JudoStu wrote:
    afulldeck wrote:Folks what are your thoughts on Ronda's next gig? Do you think that Liz will give her a fight?

If Ronda loses it will likely be the beginning of the end for Female MMA in the UFC

dunno. first, if Ronda loses it'll be because she was asleep in the ring. It'll be odd that the UFC will drop a fighter, especially one as popular as Ronda after her only loss.

But, all that aside; I believe she's proven that a well developed female division could be just as exciting if not more so than a decent men's division. We just don't have the depth of talent yet. Wait until after BRazil, when Kayla comes in, along with Marti, along with another crop of Olympian AND 4 + years of female development in MMA, and then let's see where we are.

It took more than 1 person a a couple of years to go from "nothing more than a cock fight" of the early UFC to what we see today, and that's with guys participating in wrestling, boxing, muy thai, etc, from the age of 4-5 up.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 pm

I am realy looking forward to the fight. Local Tavern has it for $10 cover. I dont belive anyone can challenge Ronda yet but anything can happen.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:04 pm

This headline fight is a very left field step forward for womens rights. Not only is it given headline status but most MMA fans are very much looking forward to a female match, this is very unusual.

The sensible shoe brigade would be in knots over this one I think, they've been trying to emasculate society via crunching down on combat sports for so long claiming they are male only bastions there'd have to be some tears.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:08 pm

That was the hardest match she has had in a while
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm

I watched the fight at a local bar, the majority of the fans were waiting for Ronda's fight. It was exciting when Carmouche took Ronda's back. But if you watch the ground work Carmouche had no clue how to fight on the mat, regularly she was trying to fight with out her feet on the mat for leverge. her ground work was rudamentry at best.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:17 am

judoratt wrote: I watched the fight at a local bar, the majority of the fans were waiting for Ronda's fight. It was exciting when Carmouche took Ronda's back. But if you watch the ground work Carmouche had no clue how to fight on the mat, regularly she was trying to fight with out her feet on the mat for leverge. her ground work was rudamentry at best.

She was stuck on one move to get out. Don't know that she had much of an idea of how to get out of kesa gatame or kata gatame (then again, the minute she went to the ground, she was pulling her arms in, trying to protect them, effectively reducing her ability to maneuver on the ground to her legs, which she insisted on using to try to hook Ronda's head instead of actually using for any real purpose).

If Ronda had picked better attire, Carmouche taking her back would have been no big thing. That's one of those things that males just don't understand - it really does pull you out of your game, that moment when you realize that your wardrobe is malfunctioning and you may "slip out".

Anyway, think Ronda's learned her lesson about couture in MMA - she's a fighter; her wardrobe has to withstand actual fighting.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:15 am

I completely forgot this was on. anyone got a video link?
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:17 am

genetic judoka wrote:I completely forgot this was on.
    banghead
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:19 am

fair enough, i deserved that. but when you've got a smokin' hot new wife distracting you, you'd be surprised what can fall to the wayside.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:24 am

genetic judoka wrote:fair enough, i deserved that. but when you've got a smokin' hot new wife distracting you, you'd be surprised what can fall to the wayside.

Personally, can't find the fascination in a "smokin' hot new wife". To each his own, I guess. At least I'm not distracted from Rowdy, or Dusseldorf, or any of those other, much more important events.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 am

ok, it's a smokin hot new wife, that likes to walk around naked. but then again I assume as a female it's the wife part that has you disinterested. fair enough.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:32 am

genetic judoka wrote:ok, it's a smokin hot new wife, that likes to walk around naked. but then again I assume as a female it's the wife part that has you disinterested. fair enough.

it's the idea of a naked female walking around that has me disinterested. what can I say? naked male walking around? I might find that a bit distracting. Not enough to miss out on Rowdy or Dusseldorf, but what can I say? After my 20's, there are very few naked males walking around that would distract me to that level. Now, that doesn't mean I'd be opposed to having to say, "Honey, move your head to the left, USA's fighting on mat 2" But, one day, when you're not so young and newly wed, you'll know what I mean......
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:23 am

The adjustment to the top was very noticable, live and learn there, Ronda and the sport was very lucky she didn't pop out.

With womens combat sports always under scrutiny this would have led to a farcical focus on a slip rather than focus on a sporting achievement. This would not have been good in the longer term for Rondas career imo.

Have to say the womens main event was 10 times more watchable than the semi main.
    I
    Ronda also spoke about the adjustment in mma whereby she doesn't have to rush submissions, she stated the reason she missed the first attempt was her judo reflex to attempt an immediate finish
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:36 am

Ricebale wrote:
    Ronda also spoke about the adjustment in mma whereby she doesn't have to rush submissions, she stated the reason she missed the first attempt was her judo reflex to attempt an immediate finish

Yeah, I heard that. Thought that was quite an important observation, and one that could only be made by a person accomplished in both sports. I'd love to hear more comparisons.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 pm

genetic judoka wrote:fair enough, i deserved that. but when you've got a smokin' hot new wife distracting you, you'd be surprised what can fall to the wayside.

Yea Batman it reminds me of a story, couple years ago we were sitting around the dojo having a beer after practice, when one of the other black belts decide to start talking about his love life. He said I quote"I got more sex the first 6 months of my marriage then I have the last 16 years". :-
    You know I couldn't pass that one up :-)
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:05 pm

judoratt wrote:

Yea Batman it reminds me of a story, couple years ago we were sitting around the dojo having a beer after practice, when one of the other black belts decide to start talking about his love life. He said I quote"I got more sex the first 6 months of my marriage then I have the last 16 years". :-
    You know I couldn't pass that one up :-)

Did he mean just "during judo training in the dojo" or did it also include home activities ? Shocked
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:13 pm

did he get divorced after 7 months?
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

can we get back to the topic?

Who else was impressed with how well kesa gatame worked? It was like carmouche had no clue what to do with a locked in kesa, or that there was no way in the world that she was going to hook the head with her legs once that kesa was locked in.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:41 pm

Stacey wrote:can we get back to the topic?

Who else was impressed with how well kesa gatame worked? It was like carmouche had no clue what to do with a locked in kesa, or that there was no way in the world that she was going to hook the head with her legs once that kesa was locked in.

I was gonna be really excited (I saw the video) if she had put on the near side ude garami from kesa. it would have been cool to see her finish via a different armbar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am