E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+8
dimitris-gre
Ben Reinhardt
Jonesy
judoratt
genetic judoka
Heisenberg
FightingSpirit
finarashi
12 posters

Throwing

finarashi
    finarashi

Throwing Empty Throwing

Post by finarashi Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:49 pm

Here is the video
    Herttua & herttuatar ukemi
    FightingSpirit
    FightingSpirit

Throwing Empty Re: Throwing

Post by FightingSpirit Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:16 am

Thanks Exclamation
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Actually the makers of this video ar challenging others to do Judo videos.
    Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:43 pm

Very cool vid with lots of varied techniques, but the soundtrack...MUTE!
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:03 pm

what the &%^# was that at 1:08? did he just do a split/double ouchi gari? Shocked pale
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:19 pm

genetic judoka wrote:what the &%^# was that at 1:08? did he just do a split/double ouchi gari? Shocked pale

I think you got it "Split double ouchi gari" Shocked Surprised
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Nice film. Yes I can do them all. Nice to see kani basami in there. Lets bring it back.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:09 am

Jonesy wrote:Nice film. Yes I can do them all. Nice to see kani basami in there. Lets bring it back.

No, let's not. Too much temptation for mischief in shiai with that one. Plus overambitious yonkyu attempting it after watching something on YouTube.

I do like the throw, though.
    dimitris-gre
    dimitris-gre

Post by dimitris-gre Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Nice video with bad music
    Ryvai
    Ryvai

Post by Ryvai Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Jonesy wrote:Nice to see kani basami in there.  Lets bring it back.
    Let's not. Do this even have to be explained? Smile
    Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

Post by Tai-Jutsu Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:24 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQgQoburhts

This is cool as well. Add some pull ups and rows and DAMN!
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:03 pm

Ben Reinhardt wrote:
    Jonesy wrote:Nice film. Yes I can do them all.  Nice to see kani basami in there.  Lets bring it back.
    No, let's not. Too much temptation for mischief in shiai with that one. Plus overambitious yonkyu attempting it after watching something on YouTube.

I had a nasty tib/fib break, kanibasami was done on one leg six inches above my ankle by a Olympic bronze medalist. You could hear it snap two mats away in the top of the grandstands.

Last edited by judoratt on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:23 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Very cool vid with lots of varied techniques, but the soundtrack...MUTE!
    True. Nice demo.

I just don't like the slam down after the mochi-age / daki-age at 1:19. Not very considerate of a good uke.
    Evil or Very Mad
    aspenrebel

Post by aspenrebel Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:49 pm

finarashi wrote:Here is the video
    Herttua & herttuatar ukemi
    Yikes!!! Besides the guy beating up on the girl? Tough girl. Well, I was saying "yes", up until 2 throws at 1:08, then I wasn't paying attention too well. Watching poor girl getting slammed with Daki Age.
    aspenrebel

Post by aspenrebel Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:51 pm

genetic judoka wrote:what the &%^# was that at 1:08? did he just do a split/double ouchi gari?  Shocked  pale
    My sentiments exactly!!!  I went "wtf?".  I kept going back and watching it again, still couldn't figure out what he did. Wish YT had slow motion. But I saved the video to my YT Favorites, so I'll look it over later. I guess that can work on a lighter gal, don't think it'd work on a heavy guy. Yes, it does look like a double full split Ouchi Gari. It looks like he has his left foot slightly up in the air, and is pushing with his left hand on her right shoulder, while pulling with his right hand on her left arm. But how can he get enough force upon the back of her heels to effectuate moving her feet and throwing her? She must be very light.
    aspenrebel

Post by aspenrebel Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Jonesy wrote:Nice film. Yes I can do them all.  Nice to see kani basami in there.  Lets bring it back.
    Yes, I agree, one of my favorite and best techniques. Since I first learned how to do it ages ago in Kenpo. Then when I went to study Judo as a white belt, one of the black belt instructors (with about 35 years in Judo) would always ask me to demonstrate it, cuz he didn't do it. But the way I do it violates Judo Rules and Protocol, but is most effective. Would always have a "discussion" over it with the Chief Instructor (another black belt). As well as one of my "patented" techniques. Well actually I "stole" it from some place else, but.......a Kouchi Gari variation....well actually there is NO "Kouchi" involved, now is there. I call it something else. Not sure how you classify it. I'd have to check my notebook to see if I had it under a "classification".
    aspenrebel

Post by aspenrebel Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Ben Reinhardt wrote:

But IF they are taught how to do it properly, then why would it be a problem? I've been doing it for ages, first learned it in Kenpo, and I've never injured anyone by doing it. Also have a "throw uke down onto his face" version too, but that is actually quite a bit "rude"..... SLAM!!!! But the way I do it, violates Judo Rules......so............But look up Billy Blanks doing it in sparring. He takes the guy right out, hands up in a guard, gloves and all, just takes them all out together with it (Scissors Takedown, Kani Basami). No body gets hurt!! No knee injuries, no hip injuries, no spine injuries, no ankle injuries. My opinion is, is that the Judo Rules pertaining to how Kani Basami must be executed is what causes the injuries and potential for injuries. Cuz it is executed down way too low on uke's body (parts). In my opinion, which of course is worth squat!!!!
    aspenrebel

Post by aspenrebel Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Tai-Jutsu wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQgQoburhts

This is cool as well. Add some pull ups and rows and DAMN!
    Ahh yes!!! To be Young and injury FREE!!, and with a back that actually BENDS!!!!
    aspenrebel

Post by aspenrebel Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:16 pm

judoratt wrote:
    Ben Reinhardt wrote:

I had a nasty tib/fib break, kanibasami was done on one leg six inches above my ankle by a Olympic bronze medalist. You could hear it snap two mats away in the top of the grandstands.
    Sorry to hear that happened to you, but it just illustrates my point. Executing kani basami 6 inches above uke's ankle is WRONG!!! It should be executed on uke's upper body!!! Then you have no such injuries.

You stand off against uke, lunge in, grab his shoulder with your lead hand, jump up high into his upper body, splitting your legs apart, then wrap your legs around his upper body (and his arms if they are up there), and execute Kani Basami. Uke will just go down onto his back, with no slamming, and no injury. But Judo doesn't see it this way, it has its Rules, which present the possibility for injuries such as happened to you.. But that is just my opinion. What do I know?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:01 am