E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Shrinking a gi later in it's life

charlietuna

Shrinking a gi later in it's life Empty Shrinking a gi later in it's life

Post by charlietuna Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:24 am

So, I have two addidas gi. One is a single weave, and is about 5 years old, and the other is a double weave and is about 3 years old. I've washed both many many times. They are both a size 6. The single weave has been washed and dried on pretty high temps, and has shrunk pretty considerably. It's just borderline on the size. If I go to a big comp with it, they might not like it all that much. The double weave is the right size. I was wondering if I'm able to DRY the double weave in the dryer at this point? I've always hung it up to dry, but it just takes like, 4 days to fully dry. Am I able to put it in the dryer now without worry of it shrinking?
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Shrinking a gi later in it's life Empty Re: Shrinking a gi later in it's life

Post by Steve Leadbeater Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:55 pm

Oh, FFS Charlie, stop being cheap arsed sod, just contact Alvisio and order a new pair of competition Gi in the correct size. Very Happy
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:44 am

chances are, you'll be fine with a dryer. Might hedge your bets and set the temp to the coolest possible on the dryer, but chances are, you'll be fine.

Then again, famous last words.... your gi may be the one in a billion that still shrinks after 50,000 washings.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:01 am