E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+4
HumanRevolution
OldeEnglishD
genetic judoka
Rob GBR
8 posters

Running... my foot keeps going numb =/

Rob GBR
    Rob GBR

Running... my foot keeps going numb =/ Empty Running... my foot keeps going numb =/

Post by Rob GBR Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:44 pm

okay christmas is over, time to quit smoking again and put on my trainers...

been running today and yesterday but my left foot keeps going numb after about 25mins and i get really bad pins and needles so i stop and shake my foot about like ive just stood in dog poo and the numbness fades very slowly, ive been wearing normal socks and my laces aren't veerrry tight, time to buy new shoes or maybe its just because ive not been running in a while?

ideas??
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Running... my foot keeps going numb =/ Empty Re: Running... my foot keeps going numb =/

Post by genetic judoka Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:30 am

Rob GBR wrote:okay christmas is over, time to quit smoking again and put on my trainers...

been running today and yesterday but my left foot keeps going numb after about 25mins and i get really bad pins and needles so i stop and shake my foot about like ive just stood in dog poo and the numbness fades very slowly, ive been wearing normal socks and my laces aren't veerrry tight, time to buy new shoes or maybe its just because ive not been running in a while?

ideas??
    a few thoughts, though I am far from an expert on running. in fact I avoid it whenever possible.

your shoes may not be tight in the beginning, but your feet swell when you run (as I understand it that's unavoidable) so shoes that may not feel tight when you put them on may be a bit too tight when you've been at it for a little bit.

also, when I do run I use those shoes with the very thin soles (the "barefoot" style), and I've found that doing so improves my form substantially, and my feet and shins don't hurt quite so bad anymore.

also, CK may know of some serious medical condition that could be causing this that has not occurred to me, but I'm no doctor.Cool
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Running... my foot keeps going numb =/ Empty Re: Running... my foot keeps going numb =/

Post by OldeEnglishD Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:54 am

When I first started running to lose weight years ago, I had issues with sore knees and feet. I went to my local running store (specializing in running shoes and gear) and had their expert look at my feet and stride. Turns out i pronated my feet when running (I believe it is called) , so I needed shoes that had a firmer mid-sole that keeps me from having my feet roll inward. This completely took the pain away. The shoe I ended up with were Asics GT series, have worn them ever since.
    HumanRevolution
    HumanRevolution

Post by HumanRevolution Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 am

If you're foot is going numb is suggest you find a way to regulate the blood flow;

Shoes may be far too tight
    Socks may be restrictive, depending on the material
    Shoes may be a poor fit

You could get a referral from you GP/Doctor to your hospital to see a podiatrist, He'll tell you whether it is something to do with you rather
    than your footware.
    I used to get similar problems as I've got slightly bowed legs, mine don't cause me pain as it is very low level but sometimes when I'm out running
    it causes problems with numbness.

You could "roll" you feet in circular directions before and after running to increase the blood flow to the feet.
    lomew

Post by lomew Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 am

Hey Guys i think that exercise is any bodily action that enhances or preserves physical health and fitness.It is performed for various reasons including building up muscles and the additional, improving athletic abilities, losing weight or maintenance, as well as for the purpose of enjoyment.Physical fitness has been defined as a set of features or features that people have or achieve that is applicable to the ability to perform exercising.Thanks a lot!
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:04 am

lomew wrote:Hey Guys i think that exercise is any bodily action that enhances or preserves physical health and fitness.It is performed for various reasons including building up muscles and the additional, improving athletic abilities, losing weight or maintenance, as well as for the purpose of enjoyment.Physical fitness has been defined as a set of features or features that people have or achieve that is applicable to the ability to perform exercising.Thanks a lot!
    this post makes no sense whatsoever.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:57 am

none of that poster's posts make sense to me, but i didn't want to unilaterally delete them.
    HumanRevolution
    HumanRevolution

Post by HumanRevolution Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 am

Stacey wrote:none of that poster's posts make sense to me, but i didn't want to unilaterally delete them.
    Yea, I'd have to agree with you on that, I read through his/her posts and he/she seems confused as to what this aim of this forum is or at the very
    least he/she has problems reading the thread title.
    LeighJudo
    LeighJudo

Post by LeighJudo Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:32 pm

Could be Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome???? But definitely would suggest you get it checked out.

Also, could be worth having a look in to the Vibram Five Fingers shoes. Apparently brings out the human body's natural running technique (ball first) rather than the adopted technique we use with conventional trainers (heel first). Although advice seems to suggest your first few runs not be more than a few hundred metres and build up from there, as well as walking with them. I think its to do with working a complete different set of muscles that time has forgotten and strengthening your ligaments and tendons for the new technique....

I think they are also designed to reduce the impact on the joints due to the running technique used. Obviously the adopted running technique involves a lot of impact on the feet, ankles and knees, where as running with the natural technique is more cushioned.
    Von_Adams

Post by Von_Adams Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:51 pm

I would see a doctor... could be symptoms of something more dubious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 pm