E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video

Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video Empty Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video

Post by Dutch Budo Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:26 am

Presented to you by yours truly. One technique from the bottom and one from the top, both are competition tested and among my favourites. Tell me what you think!

DougNZ

Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video Empty Re: Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video

Post by DougNZ Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 pm

Nice work! We have been working on some roll to back techniques. Yours fitted in perfectly and we had a crack at them tonight. They went well.

Many thanks for sharing.
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video Empty Re: Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video

Post by Dutch Budo Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:56 am

DougNZ wrote:Nice work! We have been working on some roll to back techniques. Yours fitted in perfectly and we had a crack at them tonight. They went well.

Many thanks for sharing.

Great to hear. Where do you train if I may ask?
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:22 pm

Dutch Budo wrote:
    DougNZ wrote:Nice work! We have been working on some roll to back techniques. Yours fitted in perfectly and we had a crack at them tonight. They went well.

Many thanks for sharing.

Training in New Zealand. The fore-runner of our style of jiu jitsu came from The Netherlands to NZ in 1961.
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:43 am

DougNZ wrote:
    Dutch Budo wrote:

Many thanks for sharing.

Training in New Zealand. The fore-runner of our style of jiu jitsu came from The Netherlands to NZ in 1961.

Oh really? The old skool jiu jitsu men from here are no joke. Remco Pardoel is probably the most famous of that school (he is now a 2nd degree black belt in bjj though)
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:26 am

The man who brought it here, Hans van Ess, most famously single-handedly cleaned up a dozen of the then-infamous King Cobras gang ... because they stole his beer! He was also a crash-test dummy for Anton Geesink leading up to the worlds.
    Aikiman

Some Brazilian jiu jitsu techniques by me on video Empty Nice!!

Post by Aikiman Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Cool techniques, we use the first one a lot at our school, the second one, i personally prefer the cross choke finish, but that's because i dont have legs that long...

Nice to see you in full form again, cheers!
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, Dutch, I have to admit your technique looks both effective and efficient. I mean controlling his arm using both of your feet? I don't think you skipped any steps either. Nice one. Now do you know how to escape these techniques too or just how to apply them? I'd like to see a escape from the triangle with the arm off-center.
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:32 pm

Wandering WB wrote:Well, Dutch, I have to admit your technique looks both effective and efficient. I mean controlling his arm using both of your feet? I don't think you skipped any steps either. Nice one. Now do you know how to escape these techniques too or just how to apply them? I'd like to see a escape from the triangle with the arm off-center.

Thank you for the compliment. Using my feet like that to control his arm is just a gimmicky move to make it more attractive for the people that watch this, you can skip that step. Im sure i missed a few steps and Ill be more that interested to know which ones you think I missed.

Yes I know several escapes from the triangle. You bring up a good point, with any move there are several counters and the person that executes his moves faster or with better efficiency is likely to succeed at their technique. Thats why we drill drill drill and then drill some more.
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:16 am

Thank you for the compliment. Using my feet like that to control his arm is just a gimmicky move to make it more attractive for the people that watch this, you can skip that step. Im sure i missed a few steps and Ill be more that interested to know which ones you think I missed.
    Yes I know several escapes from the triangle. You bring up a good point, with any move there are several counters and the person that executes his moves faster or with better efficiency is likely to succeed at their technique. Thats why we drill drill drill and then drill some more.

I like to get the triangle off an armdrag from butterfly guard. I begin with the armdrag, then get a foot in the biceps and raise one of their shoulders above the other with my foot and thn begin closing the triangle, even if they posture. Usually, it's effective. There are other positions to get the triangle from, though, besides the guard.
    Ironically, bjj is about escaping positions as much as it is about putting others in those positions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am