E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

trying to upload a video

tafftaz

trying to upload a video Empty trying to upload a video

Post by tafftaz Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:01 am

I am trying to upload a video from my laptop and I kep getting this
    "Could not upload file : exceeded total storage space. (Free space : 936)"

Thefile is about 4mb in size and the site tells me I am allowed to upload a file with a max size of 20mb.

What am I doing wrong???
    Carlo
    Carlo

trying to upload a video Empty Re: trying to upload a video

Post by Carlo Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:32 am

Hi Tafftaz,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, the forum only has 20mb of space for attachments. I have just had a look and we only have 4.6% of that left.

Unfortunately, to increase that we will have to pay for more space.

A way around it is to upload your video to Youtube or photobucket and embed it in your post.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:36 am

Thanks mate. That makes sense. Will try and do it another way.
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Carlo wrote:Hi Tafftaz,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, the forum only has 20mb of space for attachments. I have just had a look and we only have 4.6% of that left.

Unfortunately, to increase that we will have to pay for more space.

A way around it is to upload your video to Youtube or photobucket and embed it in your post.

Carlo, even without the video your going to run out of space in the near future. Do you have a plan or suggestion so that we don't hit that limit?
    Carlo
    Carlo

Post by Carlo Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 pm

When we run out of storage space, all that will be affected will be uploading attachments. The forum, as far as your posts are concerned, has unlimited space, so no problem there.

I personally like that attachments can be uploaded, once they have been put on the forum they stay there. If you embed a photo or video it can disappear as members come and go.

If we want to keep the ability to upload attachments, it will have to be paid for. This works on a monthly basis and as the storage grows the cost increases.
    The cost works out at about £0.01 per MB of extra storage space per month.

If the members would like to keep this feature I can activate the 'Donations' button. This will allow members to to donate to the forum through paypal or allopass. I haven't used allopass before, but it is payment via your mobile phone.

When you make a donation you pay for credits that can only be used to pay for features within the forum. They cannot be transferred into cash in any way. Basically you are paying forumotion not me or any of the admin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 am