E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+10
Neil G
Dutch Budo
judoratt
Q mystic
genetic judoka
Cichorei Kano
Ricebale
tafftaz
PointyShinyBurning
Wandering WB
14 posters

Advanced Division

genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Advanced Division - Page 2 Empty Re: Advanced Division

Post by genetic judoka Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:54 am

Wandering WB wrote:I competed in Grappling X this past weekend and placed second in Advanced <145lbs. Below are vids of my matches.
    I already got a critical review of my matches from my coach, but if there is anything you guys would like to point out then that's what this forum is for.

Wandering WB wrote:Dutch
    I was patornizing? You got some free advise, which I normally charge people for. Take it or leave it I guess.
    Here is my advice to you. Don't give me any advice.

well that was fast.
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:15 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    Wandering WB wrote:I competed in Grappling X this past weekend and placed second in Advanced <145lbs. Below are vids of my matches.
    I already got a critical review of my matches from my coach, but if there is anything you guys would like to point out then that's what this forum is for.

I was patornizing? You got some free advise, which I normally charge people for. Take it or leave it I guess.

well that was fast.

Yeah what was I thinking. Im not going to bother any more on this kid. I bet he has no encyclopedias in his house either since he already has all the answers anyway.
    Neil G
    Neil G

Post by Neil G Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:00 am

"I want some advice, and the advice I want is for everyone to tell me I'm awesome."
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:10 am

Wandering WB wrote:Enough of this already. I already know what others are gonna say and I know how to continue rapidly improving my technique. Once again, thanks for watching. It's not that I don't have an open mind, it's just that some people are only stating the obvious.

However, if someone would explain how to finish uchi-mata aka mule kick without the gi, I'd appreciate that. I have several secondary techniques off an ucimata, but I have trouble finishing the first throw on taller, lankier people (my little brother, lol - I have been trying to uchimata him without much success). I do it off an overhook, preferabbly with opponent driving in. Can it be done if the opponent is moving backwards? Besides ken-ken what other options are there for finishing it? Thanks.

Didnt think Dutch said anything bad so I'm kind of spooked.lol

I was never good at uchi-mata in judo but actually did okay with it in wrestling or nogi. I scored a little with ken-ken type(if thats the uchi with alot of space)but never tried in comp. Initially never even tried in wrestling either of course but did try harai. Sometimes was jammed ad couldnt get my leg out and didnt have a decent uki-goshi so I kicked up defensively while driving heavy our weight on his lead leg. Mostly got the weight on his leg and crumpled him(via more upper body control and deeper which allowed my leg more force and room to move) and it looked like an ouchi-gari almost. Landed side control/half-gaurd type deal. Started to look more like uchi-mata when I saw I had room to commit there and could turn myself more into the roll, which gave more room to swing my hips over.

Long story short, maybe try to commit more weight on his plant leg, right from the hop and dont worry about amplitude yet. Just have him where you want and then change where you feel you have room and he doesnt. Sadly, I think my harai suffered but I think outta laziness.lol
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:49 pm

As I said, I appreciate all the views and the commentary. I know I am not that awesome. Dutch and I just got off the wrong foot on the previous forum, it's not anything he said in this thread. I'm 25 y.o. though, so when somebody calls me kid, I don't really know what to say to them. I feel kinda old, to tell you the truth.

Q Mystic
    I will give it a try, then.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:56 pm

Dutch Budo wrote:
    genetic judoka wrote:

well that was fast.

Yeah what was I thinking. Im not going to bother any more on this kid. I bet he has no encyclopedias in his house either since he already has all the answers anyway.
    /
    My question is how long would this kid last in your dojo/gym? Shocked Shocked
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:59 am

My question is how long would this kid last in your dojo/gym?
    Probably as long as you would in mine:)
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:27 pm

judoratt wrote:
    Dutch Budo wrote:
    genetic judoka wrote:

well that was fast.

/
    My question is how long would this kid last in your dojo/gym? Shocked Shocked

Well he is dedicated and he seems like a smart guy judging from his debating skills, so he can last quite long in my dojo. But in my dojo I dont allow egos and closed minds. So he´ll have a really hard time untill he changes that. But Im sure if that changes he can be a positive and contributing member of my team.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed May 01, 2013 9:37 am

I'm afraid I can't give much specific advice on no gi stuff. I think you got some good advice from several people here. In general, in my experience, it's best to be flexible in your approach to learning. It's good to focus on one or two things at a time that work together.

From what you wrote, you were gassed by your third match. So conditioning might be at the top of your list. If you are in school, it can be tough to get in enough technical training and do conditioning, but anything you can do towards conditioning would benefit you.

good luck and keep training!

JudoStu
    JudoStu

Post by JudoStu Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 am

Question to WB, were you gassed due to lack of conditioning or was it more to do with an adrenaline dump?
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Thu May 02, 2013 5:59 am

JudoStu
    Question to WB, were you gassed due to lack of conditioning or was it more to do with an adrenaline dump?
    Well... I don't know why you think it should be easy. It was pretty tough. I am not on steroids or any kind of supplements so I can't train hard six hours a day like a professional. My opponent from the first match was also gassed after going against me, which is why he so quickly lost by RNC in the second round. Could conditioning help? Maybe... But I already train a lot.
    Aikiman

Post by Aikiman Thu May 02, 2013 9:18 am

Hopefully i wont regreat this... but here goes anyway.

I was doing a lot of bjj on a weekly basis, even so i wasnt able to do many matches at championships without getting extremelly tired, so i followed the advice of the owner of one of the clubs i was praticing at and i added cardio and strenght training to my regimen. It was very hard at first because i had to do one more hour of training 3 days a week, before bjj pratice and the first couple of weeks i was really tired when we had to roll.

In the long run it paid of, in the Europeu i did 4 matches, losing the semi final match on advantages and on my last competition i did another 4 matches only losing the absolute final on points. So if there is the possibility of adding cardio and some weight routines to your pratice you will benefit a lot from it in the long run. I also dont take any kind of suplementation and i am in cutting weight routine, still i feel stronger than ever.

just my 2 cents.
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 pm

Thee ONLY reason that faster, stronger, smarter elites put in extra conditioning time is for the hell of it.lol
    Wandering WB

Post by Wandering WB Sat May 04, 2013 5:32 pm

QMystic
    Thee ONLY reason that faster, stronger, smarter elites put in extra conditioning time is for the hell of it.lol
    They wash it all down with juice afterwards which causes them to piss blood and develop women's boobies unless someone explains to them how to cycle and stay safe. But I see Aikiman's point about some extra conditioning. I just hope it can come from doing kickboxing classes rather than weights.
    samsmith2424

Post by samsmith2424 Sat May 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Wb not only do you have an unbelievably poor understanding of conditioning, you are not even prepared to learn!
    You should not be on this forum.
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Mon May 06, 2013 6:25 am

Wandering WB wrote:QMystic
    They wash it all down with juice afterwards

haha touche. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:28 am