E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+10
BillC
NBK
still learning
rjohnston411
Cichorei Kano
The_Harvest
Jonesy
finarashi
Emanuele2
Kuden
14 posters

Japan`s AJJF President Uemura to resign in June

Kuden

Japan`s AJJF President Uemura to resign in June Empty Japan`s AJJF President Uemura to resign in June

Post by Kuden Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:51 am

Finally ages-long issue of separating Kodokan from AJJF to take place? What consequences are to be expected for Japan`s judo?
    Emanuele2

Japan`s AJJF President Uemura to resign in June Empty Re: Japan`s AJJF President Uemura to resign in June

Post by Emanuele2 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:25 am

Some source?
    Kuden

Japan`s AJJF President Uemura to resign in June Empty Re: Japan`s AJJF President Uemura to resign in June

Post by Kuden Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Emanuele2 wrote:Some source?
    I`m sorry I cannot translate all but it`s in Yahoo Japan as one of the headlines in the Sport section. The issue was brought up also at the Parliament on 23 April when Prime Minister Abe strongly demanded AJJF to restructure its organisation saying "The essence of Budo starts with Bowing and ends with Bowing, and the responsibility of AJJF is to promote this spirit". He went on to say "Judo is different from other sports. The ultimate goal is not to win... At the centre is located AJJF that promotes and enhances the spirit; it is highly regrettable that the AJJF is in such a situation as today, and it does create bad influences on Japanese youths."

Hard pressed by both inside and outside forces around, Uemura hinted at stepping down from JSC (Japan Sport Council) and AJJF at a proper timing when the plan to reorganise AJJF is in place. As is known, Uemura wears two caps, one as AJJF President, the other as Kodokan Kancho.

I`m sure we are generally in favour of him being Kodokan Kancho as long as he does what he has to for the Kodokan Judo. Disclosure of such news comes at a timing when many judoka gather around in Tokyo for All Japan High Dan Championships (28 Apr), All Japan Judo Championships (29 Apr) and Kodokan Higher Deliberation Panel (30 Apr to approve 7th/8th Dan promotions)
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:53 pm

What will change separating AJJF from Kodokan?
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:57 pm

It will take more that that to separate the two organizations. To me resignation of more people from AJJF should be forthcoming.
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 pm

finarashi wrote:It will take more that that to separate the two organizations. To me resignation of more people from AJJF should be forthcoming.
    In my opinion Kodokan and AJJF should have the same President.
    Kodokan is the headquartier of judo (in Japan and in the World); and so it should lead the AJJF.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:29 pm

Emanuele2 wrote:
    finarashi wrote:It will take more that that to separate the two organizations. To me resignation of more people from AJJF should be forthcoming.
    In my opinion Kodokan and AJJF should have the same President.
    Kodokan is the headquartier of judo (in Japan and in the World); and so it should lead the AJJF.
    I am afraid that the Kodokan is only a private dojo in Tokyo. The IJF (sadly) is the leader of world judo........
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:18 pm

We are in June now. Has Uemura kancho resigned from AJJF?
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:39 pm

It's 1 June, which of course is "in June" but what's the rush.

Personally I hope he stays and cleans house!
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Jonesy wrote:Personally I hope he stays and cleans house!
    So do I.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:09 am

The best bet for cleanup in AJJF would be Uemura to stay as president and make his vision work by implementing new procedures in AJJF.
    The_Harvest
    The_Harvest

Post by The_Harvest Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:31 am

Yasuhiro Yamashita will probably take his place.
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:34 am

The_Harvest wrote:Yasuhiro Yamashita will probably take his place.
    Do you know when it will happen?
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:44 am

I am not trying to be offensive, but seriously, do you guys have that much inside information on the AJJF and all these personalities except for their public face, that you can make an informed decision as to who would be best in charge of the AJJF ?
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:15 am

Dear CK, as you very well know, Good discussion is only possible if participants are very familiar with the subject or if they do not know anything.
    The_Harvest
    The_Harvest

Post by The_Harvest Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:20 am

Emanuele2 wrote:
    The_Harvest wrote:Yasuhiro Yamashita will probably take his place.
    Do you know when it will happen?

I think that he will officially resign on the 11th.

Cichorei Kano wrote:I am not trying to be offensive, but seriously, do you guys have that much inside information on the AJJF and all these personalities except for their public face, that you can make an informed decision as to who would be best in charge of the AJJF ?

Noriko Mizoguchi former olympic medalist, the magazine l'esprit du judo (who recently interviewed both yamashita and mizoguchi)believe that yasuhiro yamashita is likely to take Uemura's place.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:35 am

The_Harvest wrote:
    Noriko Mizoguchi former olympic medalist, the magazine l'esprit du judo (who recently interviewed both yamashita and mizoguchi)believe that yasuhiro yamashita is likely to take Uemura's place.

Thanks for the clarification.
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:54 pm

Today is 11th, any news about AJJF presidency?
    The_Harvest
    The_Harvest

Post by The_Harvest Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:58 pm

Emanuele2 wrote:Today is 11th, any news about AJJF presidency?

Apparently his resignation has been delayed. The reason is Marius Vizer. The IJF director is lobbying for Uemura to be reappointed.I wonder why....

Here is the article in Japanese. Use the Google translator application.
    http://sportsnavi.yahoo.co.jp/sports/other/headlines/article/20130610-00000152-jij
    rjohnston411
    rjohnston411

Post by rjohnston411 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 am

Yamashita as president would be fantastic.
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 am

rjohnston411 wrote:Yamashita as president would be fantastic.
    He would separate the AJJF form IJF. With Uemura AJJF walks with IJF.
    rjohnston411
    rjohnston411

Post by rjohnston411 Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:38 am

Indeed, hence Vizer's interjection.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:58 am

Emanuele2 wrote:Today is 11th, any news about AJJF presidency?

Yes, the latest news reports say that the Uemura has made a 180° and will stay on:

http://sports.inquirer.net/104523/head-of-japan-judo-to-stay-on-despite-scandals
    rjohnston411
    rjohnston411

Post by rjohnston411 Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:55 am

Shocking *eye roll*
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:28 am

Well done!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:18 pm