E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+17
Gus
finarashi
still learning
JudoSensei
rjohnston411
ThePieman
Q mystic
Cichorei Kano
Stacey
Hanon
nomoremondays
cuivien
tafftaz
genetic judoka
Old Chestnut
BillC
Jonesy
21 posters

How alive is this Forum

Hanon

How alive is this Forum - Page 2 Empty Re: How alive is this Forum

Post by Hanon Sat May 18, 2013 10:33 am

Jonesy wrote:How alive is this Forum? In the last few days we have had two 9 dan promotions in the UK which has attracted minimimal comment. Additionallly the VP of USJA has resigned from that position, criticising many aspects of USJA's governance and not a single comment!

Is the post count up yet? As usual you start the ball rolling then disappear without a single comment? Shocked You young man are an agent provocateur Cool Come on mate get some posts in. What are your thoughts on the dan rank promotions?

Mike Twisted Evil
    JudoSensei
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei Sun May 19, 2013 1:46 am

Hanon wrote:If something bothers me I see nothing wrong in writing about it. It is those who fight for things that make the world change.
    You mention there may be hints in the negative posts. It becomes VERY confusing when the post gets half a red and half a green mark? What does one make of that. I have mentioned I have 75 negatives. On the upside I have 100 positive also a forum record, now what do you make of that? Now perhaps you understand the absurdity of such a system, it simply means nothing with the exception of peeving a poster and preventing a member from posting due to fear of how there post will be received.

I have no idea what it means when you have half positive and half negative votes -- I guess it means you are stirring things up with something controversial, so it must be overall good in my opinion. If people feel anything enough to give feedback you are doing something right by giving us an interesting point to discuss. Keep it up.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun May 19, 2013 3:19 am

they say that shrinks become shrinks because they're all crazy.....

they say proctologist become proctologists because they're all.....

I wouldn't worry about the positives and negatives - do students always agree with what you say and how you correct them? They may not say, "but sensei, this doesn't make sense to me." Or, "but sensei, I can't get my body to work that way." or, "but sensei, that's not how it was taught to me 6 years ago at another dojo" They'll still think you're wrong, even if they never say so. That's what a negative comment without response is - a silent, "I disagree"

Half and half means people are both agreeing with your post and disagreeing with your post. Personally, to me that means you posted something controversial.

A "sock puppet" account is an account owned by an existent user for the purposes of promoting or demoting the original users statements, or the statements of "enemies". I agree with others; those who do that have bigger problems than judo disagreements.

Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun May 19, 2013 7:00 am

Stacey wrote:they say that shrinks become shrinks because they're all crazy.....

they say proctologist become proctologists because they're all.....

I wouldn't worry about the positives and negatives - do students always agree with what you say and how you correct them? They may not say, "but sensei, this doesn't make sense to me." Or, "but sensei, I can't get my body to work that way." or, "but sensei, that's not how it was taught to me 6 years ago at another dojo" They'll still think you're wrong, even if they never say so. That's what a negative comment without response is - a silent, "I disagree"

Half and half means people are both agreeing with your post and disagreeing with your post. Personally, to me that means you posted something controversial.

A "sock puppet" account is an account owned by an existent user for the purposes of promoting or demoting the original users statements, or the statements of "enemies". I agree with others; those who do that have bigger problems than judo disagreements.

Psychology is the study of those that don't need it by those that do.

Hug,

Mike
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun May 19, 2013 8:39 am

Do we really need agressive debate to feel alive?

As a poster I do not think I have anything positive to add by commenting problems in USJA. I do not know her and information is scarce.

As a poster I do not think my opinions on 9th degree black belts amount to much. I can have opinions on President Obama, former prime minister Berlusconi, actor Sylvester Stallone, footballer David Beckham and others but on the whole I do not know anything but stuff published on newspapers, TV and magazines so my real knowledge of them is not based on knowledge but heresay. Similarly my opinions on those new high belts would be based on heresay and not on any real knowhow as I most probably have never met them.

I am much happier about the recent discussion on origins of techniques (even that it amounted nothing) than many other topics.
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Thu May 23, 2013 7:08 am

Hanon wrote:
    Q mystic wrote:I think this forum will be fine. I don't see an 'old JF' because this one doesnt seem to be the 'new JF'. I read 'forumsmotion' at top and see it titled 'E-Judo' on page. What's the name? I don't think many know this forum is here yet and also that the many, in the meantime, are witnessing the judo identity crisis (via IJF) which makes it easy for them to thought-off judo and simply consider a throw game until...

And, not to kiss butt, butt +1 GJ. Kudos to admin in getting you to mod. You were somewhat late in the JF but you seem to have a good well-rounded concept of judo that you can explain well. Can maybe be airy-fairy sometimes but I saw pics of your wife and have to chalk it up as accomodating the non-fighters in judo.lol <j/k. I might've have said worse if you were a bjjer.lol But, you seem to have read alot of guys, like CK and Hanon..etc who are judo and JF vets, who might soemtimes get bored of the sme old questions; and you can do reasonably decent there in point form as well as be thinking scrappy for the younger fellas.

ah. You're a physics guy. I forgot. Whipty-do then.lol

I have read this post at least ten times and for the life of me still have no idea what you wrote? Are you STILL on the weed Cool Laughing

Might be a language-generation gap? affraid

How are you?

Mike

Still? I'm actually anti-weed.lol. Personally anti-weed, I mean. Smile

No language gap, just that I still sometimes post without much of a prefrontal cortex.lol.

genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Thu May 23, 2013 7:49 am

I realized I forgot to reply to this. thanks Q for the kind words. I like to think of myself as a well rounded judoka (and I don't just mean my post wedding consistently expanding waistline). I like a good brawl in randori, but I appreciate and enjoy studying the finer points of kata as well.

and to be fair I do BJJ once a week as well, just to mix it up a bit.
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Thu May 23, 2013 8:19 am

genetic judoka wrote:I realized I forgot to reply to this. thanks Q for the kind words. I like to think of myself as a well rounded judoka (and I don't just mean my post wedding consistently expanding waistline). I like a good brawl in randori, but I appreciate and enjoy studying the finer points of kata as well.

and to be fair I do BJJ once a week as well, just to mix it up a bit.

Np GJ. Very Happy I have a formula. Demoed here, just using your above post..

+3 for well-rounded
    -1 for well-rounded while in late 20s(still with test)

hrmmm....

-3 if you do bjj once a week,
    but....
    +3 if you meant that you fight bjjers once a week, using judo

Laughing

Gus

Post by Gus Thu May 30, 2013 9:00 pm

Googling "Judo forum" now brings this forum up top of the list - even above the old forum -
    so Id say that was pretty healthy. One thing is that these days things revolve more around social networks like facebook than forums (forums are so 90's man) - but I still think they are a good way of discussing things.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Fri May 31, 2013 2:57 am

Gus wrote:Googling "Judo forum" now brings this forum up top of the list - even above the old forum -
    so Id say that was pretty healthy. One thing is that these days things revolve more around social networks like facebook than forums (forums are so 90's man) - but I still think they are a good way of discussing things.
    especially if you like learning from people who are too old to be found on many social networks...
    Gus

Post by Gus Fri May 31, 2013 7:04 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    Gus wrote:Googling "Judo forum" now brings this forum up top of the list - even above the old forum -
    especially if you like learning from people who are too old to be found on many social networks...

Im a memeber of on discussion group that still uses mailing lists !!
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Fri May 31, 2013 8:53 am

genetic judoka wrote:

That's one of the things I love about this forum (and the old one); the wider range of ages of posters is a refreshing change from the usual internet dwellers, not to mention the experience and knowledge they bring.
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:37 pm

I hope this forum is alive. So, too, am I, the notorious Richard Riehle, for those who may have been wondering. I do notice the names of a few old friends who have posted here. Is this the official replacement forum for the old JudoForum?
    JudoSensei
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:14 am

As far as I am concerned it is official. Nice to see you here.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:31 am

Richard Riehle wrote:I hope this forum is alive.  So, too, am I, the notorious Richard Riehle, for those who may have been wondering.    I do notice the names of a few old friends who have posted here.  Is this the official replacement forum for the old JudoForum?    

Welcome back. We missed you.

Last edited by Cichorei Kano on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:47 am

I tried to arrange for a sit-down with you when I was in Europe last year.   Not sure when I will be back in Europe, possibly October.   I will be in Tokyo at Kodokan in the last part of August.   
    Wisconsinite
    Wisconsinite

Post by Wisconsinite Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am

Yaaaay!!! Richard is back with his blue font.Very Happy
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:23 am

Wisconsinite wrote:Yaaaay!!! Richard is back with his blue font.Very Happy

Better a blue font than a blue screen ...

How alive is this Forum - Page 2 Bsod_demotivational_by_ihaznonam-d4vdc49
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:29 am

only because Riehle Sensei cannot use his blue font on FB !!
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:38 am

Richard Riehle wrote:I tried to arrange for a sit-down with you when I was in Europe last year.   Not sure when I will be back in Europe, possibly October.   I will be in Tokyo at Kodokan in the last part of August.   

...and travelling.

Mr. Riehle, you make everyone here younger.
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:37 am

Q mystic wrote:
    Richard Riehle wrote:I tried to arrange for a sit-down with you when I was in Europe last year.   Not sure when I will be back in Europe, possibly October.   I will be in Tokyo at Kodokan in the last part of August.   

...and travelling.

==============================================================================

OK. I am happy to do you that service. Now, the question is, how do you and other forum colleagues make me younger?
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:38 am

Richard Riehle wrote:
    Q mystic wrote:

OK.  I am happy to do you that service.  Now, the question is, how do you and other forum colleagues make me younger?    

They give you a $10 voucher for botox.
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:25 pm

Richard Riehle wrote:
    Q mystic wrote:

...and travelling.

OK.  I am happy to do you that service.  Now, the question is, how do you and other forum colleagues make me younger?    

Is there a way?

I did type a large paragraph but it kinda failed.lol It's a big question really.lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:43 pm