E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Strength in Numbers

Jerry Hays

Strength in Numbers Empty Strength in Numbers

Post by Jerry Hays Sat May 25, 2013 3:17 am

If you have been associated with judo in the last forty some years, you will remember Joe Walters. Joe was the one legged judokas that entered many USA Senior Nationals. His son has written a book titled “Strength in Numbers”. Joe is a two time Purple Heart recipient, has received the Bronze and Silver Star awards as a Marine in Vietnam. This part of Joe’s live is not well known because only recently did he reveal this information to his adult son.

The book is about what a judoka can overcome by being a judoka.

The books is available for a wide variety of sources (Barnes and Noble, Amazon, Powell’s Books).

Stacey
    Stacey

Strength in Numbers Empty Re: Strength in Numbers

Post by Stacey Sat May 25, 2013 7:26 am

I'd heard about him a few times and figured, that's one very determined, very adaptable judoka. When I was told that I might lose my leg, I figured, oh well, I'll still be able to play judo, but in a lighter weight bracket, largely based on the knowledge that he'd had success with it. Do hope he'll publish some technique stuff so that we might be able to get some of our returning disabled veterans involved in judo.

Will be buying a physical copy of the book, and if applicable, leaving it at my local VA hospital.
    Jerry Hays

Post by Jerry Hays Sat May 25, 2013 7:49 am

Stacey wrote:Will be buying a physical copy of the book, and if applicable, leaving it at my local VA hospital.

Great idea, Stacey. I think I will buy a few copies and donate them to the local Wounder Warrior group at the Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego.

Thanks for the idea.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:28 pm