E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+4
cuivien
afulldeck
Q mystic
Cichorei Kano
8 posters

Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore Empty Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 am

Since a couple of days it seems the software of this forum has been changed.

Now when I want to respond to a post and click on quote, it depicts the previous post in a yellow frame. Previously is appeared just as the rest of the text but was preceded by the terms 'quote' and '/quote' in square brackets. This is no longer so.

However, more problematic is that when I then want to start typing, my text appears in the quote and not as my own response. In other words, I cannot position my cursor outside of the quote box.

I have the same problem irrespective of whether I use Firefox or MS-Internet Explorer..

Also, things go wrong when I want to italicize texts. The visual 'html' tags are gone, and instead everything I type and continue to type then is in Italics. in other words, I can't stop the italics.

Can anyone explain to me what is happening, and what setting has been changed to produce this result ?
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore Empty Re: Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore

Post by Q mystic Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:27 am

same here. I thought they did it to me only.

I salute your explanation, CK. I thought about it and chalked it up as way too much work.lol
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore Empty Re: Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore

Post by afulldeck Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:43 am

Same here. However, I went to preference and reset the HTML button and everything was back to normal....Probably a daemon problem...Admin should look at it...
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:52 am

afulldeck wrote:Same here. However, I went to preference and reset the HTML button and everything was back to normal....Probably a daemon problem...Admin should look at it...

Sorry wrong answer. However in full edit mode you can hit the Switch editor mode button and it will switch back.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:36 pm

I had already tried resetting the html button in 'Preferences' all to no avail.

Maybe it's an Ezoic cyber attack on this forum ...
    cuivien
    cuivien

Post by cuivien Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:32 pm

Forum problems - can't quote posts anymore 30146-7ebe19ae4856942da332693d4af84bb7 Very Happy

No, but more seriously, I'm guessing that they (=forumotion/Invision) updated something on their end, and they accidentally broke how the BBCode works in quick reply.
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:I had already tried resetting the html button in 'Preferences' all to no avail.

NO, they are still to busy attacking their oown forum :-)
    Carlo
    Carlo

Post by Carlo Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Hi CK,

It looks like Forumotion have been tinkering. See here.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 am

thank you carlo for handling this. I was unsure how to proceed, so I just waited.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:33 am

Carlo wrote:Hi CK,

It looks like Forumotion have been tinkering. See here.

Thanks, Carlo,

For some reason since today I can post again while quoting a previous post without my cursor being stuck inside that quote and my own text appearing as part of the quote. No idea what caused it or how it was solved.
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:03 am

thanks for the explanation, Carlo.  Was wondering if it was just me or what.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 pm