E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+3
NBK
afulldeck
Cichorei Kano
7 posters

Is trying your belt too much of a challenge for you ? No problem, here's the solution !

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Is trying your belt too much of a challenge for you ?  No problem, here's the solution ! Empty Is trying your belt too much of a challenge for you ? No problem, here's the solution !

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:29 am

Make jûdô easy for yourself ! Why train hard, why learn techniques, why spend all this time to learn how to properly tie a belt ? No problem at all, these belts come with fixed knot in the front and you put them around your body using the velcro attachments in the back !

http://chokehimout.com/martial-arts-karate-belt-belt-quick-tie-velcro-black-junior-belt.html

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Karate-Belt-EASY-TIE-Velcro-YELLOW/dp/B002UBA3X6

When you master this, you are ready for your KravMaga or MMA Home Study black belt courses, now available for <$160 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KRAV-MAGA-BLACK-BELT-HOME-STUDY-CERTIFICATION-COURSE-MMA-JKD-Arnis-Muay-Thai-/331097439143?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d16f1fba7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MMA-BLACK-BELT-HOME-STUDY-CERTIFICATION-COURSE-Jiu-Jitsu-Shooto-Boxing-Muay-Thai-/331097439144?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d16f1fba8

For just $30 you can then print your own rank certificate of the level and in the art you choose !

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Martial-Arts-Black-Belt-Certificate-All-Styles-Grades-/281225863869?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Boxing_RL&hash=item417a5e22bd

afulldeck
    afulldeck

Is trying your belt too much of a challenge for you ?  No problem, here's the solution ! Empty Re: Is trying your belt too much of a challenge for you ? No problem, here's the solution !

Post by afulldeck Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:11 am

Just when I thought I saw everything....a velco black belt? This is indeed a very interesting world.....
    NBK
    NBK

Is trying your belt too much of a challenge for you ?  No problem, here's the solution ! Empty Re: Is trying your belt too much of a challenge for you ? No problem, here's the solution !

Post by NBK Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:34 am

I cobbled up Velcro strips on a tr ditional hakama when I injured a shoulder and couldn't tie in back. Worked great! Someone stole it from the dojo.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:22 am

NBK wrote:I cobbled up Velcro strips on a tr ditional hakama when I injured a shoulder and couldn't tie in back. Worked great!  Someone stole it from the dojo.
    Probably one of those octagerian rokudans
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:26 am

finarashi wrote:
    NBK wrote:I cobbled up Velcro strips on a tr ditional hakama when I injured a shoulder and couldn't tie in back. Worked great!  Someone stole it from the dojo.
    When I reported it to the dojo manager, his immediate comment was:

.... Must've been a foreigner.....

me: Why do you say that?

..... ain't no Japanese 'round here your size, it wouldn't fit them.....

me:  Shocked 
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:38 am

NBK wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    When I reported it to the dojo manager, his immediate comment was:

.... Must've been a foreigner.....

me: Why do you say that?

..... ain't no Japanese 'round here your size, it wouldn't fit them.....

me:   Shocked 

Oh ... was that yours?
    JudoSensei
    JudoSensei

Post by JudoSensei Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:43 am

I wonder if the knot in front will still come undone.

I had a student who was a physicist/inventor. He designed judogi pants with a velcro fly so you didn't have to untie and retie your pants. He asked me to test it, but I told him to do it himself. I don't think it ever made it to market.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:07 am

JudoSensei wrote:I wonder if the knot in front will still come undone.

I had a student who was a physicist/inventor. He designed judogi pants with a velcro fly so you didn't have to untie and retie your pants. He asked me to test it, but I told him to do it himself. I don't think it ever made it to market.

Nah ... I think he stole it ... seems to have been invented in ancient Egypt by the guys from Duck Dynasty.

Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:48 am

When I was in my 20's, before I started judo and was still doing TKD, I had to teach a class every week despite having a shoulder in a sling for a couple of months. Before the surgery, knowing that I had to dress out and teach, I designed a similar belt with a velcro closure to the side of the knot on the side of my "good" arm (good is relative - I've had major shoulder surgery on both shoulders, thank you swimming). I also dropped a number of stitches into the knot to make sure it didn't come undone. Upholstery needles are good. Btw, my shoulder was so crippled for the first couple of weeks after surgery that the only way I could get a sleeve on was to bend forward and let gravity move my arm away from my body.

I also modified shoes for easy one handed closure, and timed the second surgery so that it didn't coincide with winter. Some things you have to learn through difficult experience.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:44 am

Stacey wrote:When I was in my 20's, before I started judo and was still doing TKD, I had to teach a class every week despite having a shoulder in a sling for a couple of months.  Before the surgery, knowing that I had to dress out and teach, I designed a similar belt with a velcro closure to the side of the knot on the side of my "good" arm (good is relative - I've had major shoulder surgery on both shoulders, thank you swimming).  I also dropped a number of stitches into the knot to make sure it didn't come undone.  Upholstery needles are good.  Btw, my shoulder was so crippled for the first couple of weeks after surgery that the only way I could get a sleeve on was to bend forward and let gravity move my arm away from my body.

I also modified shoes for easy one handed closure, and timed the second surgery so that it didn't coincide with winter.  Some things you have to learn through difficult experience.  

Tell us about your velcro biker pants, puh-lease ?!
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:54 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:

Tell us about your velcro biker pants, puh-lease ?!

an occasion where "going commando" is easier than anything else....... Twisted Evil 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:18 pm