E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

So this is where you all ran to.

talvisota

So this is where you all ran to. Empty So this is where you all ran to.

Post by talvisota Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 am

I recently got back into judo, at 23 (I can't believe it's already been 7 years since I started) after a one year hiatus to better concentrate on my academics (law student graduating this semester), and I remembered judoforum and went to take a look...to my surprise it seems the place died.

Some googling and here I am. I am glad the spirit was not lost. There are lots of things judoforum allowed me to integrate and reflect upon, as well as some darn good reading.

Honestly, other than being rusty with my moves it seems that a pause was good for my mindset. I find myself much less intimidated and passive and I actually do some pretty decent stuff. I have much more confidence in myself, since law allowed me to fully develop my potential and made me realize I am not so bad at stuff. Maturity at work, I suppose  thumbup1 

Looking forward to contributing and learning,

ex kikoolol.
    Stacey
    Stacey

So this is where you all ran to. Empty Re: So this is where you all ran to.

Post by Stacey Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:12 am

hi kik, glad you found us. Glad you're back to training; it'll help with your next major endeavor. Have fun with the bar - it's a total gas.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:56 am

talvisota wrote:I recently got back into judo, at 23 (I can't believe it's already been 7 years since I started) after a one year hiatus to better concentrate on my academics (law student graduating this semester), and I remembered judoforum and went to take a look...to my surprise it seems the place died.

Some googling and here I am. I am glad the spirit was not lost. There are lots of things judoforum allowed me to integrate and reflect upon, as well as some darn good reading.

Honestly, other than being rusty with my moves it seems that a pause was good for my mindset. I find myself much less intimidated and passive and I actually do some pretty decent stuff. I have much more confidence in myself, since law allowed me to fully develop my potential and made me realize I am not so bad at stuff. Maturity at work, I suppose  thumbup1 

ex kikoolol.

And we all just thought you were just hanging out at Judo Girtmo !

Welcome back, hope you will stay around.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:39 am

talvisota wrote:I recently got back into judo, at 23 (I can't believe it's already been 7 years since I started) after a one year hiatus to better concentrate on my academics (law student graduating this semester), and I remembered judoforum and went to take a look...to my surprise it seems the place died.

ex kikoolol.

Did you ever purchase a .22 rifle?
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:48 pm

The title made me a mental image of a large crowd of former JudoForum members jogging in Judogi towards the sunset on their way to this forum. I don't know why but images of some made me smile.  Very Happy 
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:23 am

finarashi wrote:The title made me a mental image of a large crowd of  former JudoForum members jogging in Judogi towards the sunset on their way to this forum. I don't know why but images of some made me smile.  Very Happy 

The same image made me cry ...
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:32 am

finarashi wrote:The title made me a mental image of a large crowd of  former JudoForum members jogging in Judogi towards the sunset on their way to this forum. I don't know why but images of some made me smile.  Very Happy 

I wasn't imagining them in judogi...... What a Face 
    talvisota

Post by talvisota Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:45 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:

ex kikoolol.

Did you ever purchase a .22 rifle?

I actually didn't, but I still do use my air rifle. I'm a pretty good shot with it and my form is correct.

New adventures diverted funds from the gun scene, sadly.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:02 am

Stacey wrote:

I wasn't imagining them in judogi...... What a Face 

I am now crying even harder. The idea ... is just unbearable ... literally.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:03 am