E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Kanku Gi

Dave Johnston

Kanku Gi Empty Kanku Gi

Post by Dave Johnston Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi All,
    This is my first post on this forum, but I observe nearly every second day.
    I came across a site on ebay advertising Kanku double weave gi's for a very reasonable price.
    Does anyone use them or have any experience with them.
    They have a good size selection so I am happy to receive any comments for or against.
    Thanks.
    Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Kanku Gi Empty Re: Kanku Gi

Post by Heisenberg Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:00 pm

Judogi come in two basic classifications - cheap or nice. Even the cheap ones tend to perform well and last a very long time. The nice ones have refinements in the cut, quality of material, exactness of sewing, etc. I have never seen those particular judogi for sale anywhere but on eBay. I believe it is a Chinese company.
    For beginner judogi I generally purchase Fuji single weave in bulk for the club. They are well made and of reliable quality. We have also used HSU, Macho, and Proforce. At the beginner level they are really more of a commodity.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Never heard of them.
    Dave Johnston

Post by Dave Johnston Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:05 am

Just an update. I received the gi and am very impressed for the price. Thick collar, brushed soft internal feel and tough reinforcing where it needs it. Compared to my Essimo Ippon (twice the price) it is excellent value. I trained in it last Tuesday and it was very comfortable.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:31 am

Dave Johnston wrote:Just an update. I received the gi and am very impressed for the price. Thick collar, brushed soft internal feel and tough reinforcing where it needs it. Compared to my Essimo Ippon (twice the price) it is excellent value. I trained in it last Tuesday and it was very comfortable.

Good for you, but just to put this in perspective ... a new gi is not even supposed to be 'comfortable' when you wear it first. I cannot remember ever wearing a gi that immediately would feel comfortable, and neither did I ever expect that or looked for that. The new gi still my shrink somewhat after first washing, so when wearing it before that it is not even at its final size; it is normally study, hasn't set yet to your body. It's like when you buy a leather seat for your bike; they're not supposed to be comfortable when you buy them. As they set to adapt to your body, they are perfect though.
    Dave Johnston

Post by Dave Johnston Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:05 am

I am honoured to have a reply from you O Sensei Kano and thank you for your comments. Before training in the new gi I gave it a wash and put it through the clothes dryer to pre shrink it a bit, but when I said 'comfortable' I didnt mean it felt like a soft leather kid glove, more that I could train in it with a minimum of adjustment or consciously worrying about it. Overall good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 pm