E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi

duckfan

Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi Empty Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi

Post by duckfan Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:43 am

With the new gi regulations, and the red label, what is everyone wearing? Any recommendations? I am an International player and need the red label.
    Thank you!
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi Empty Re: Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi

Post by Jonesy Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:54 am

Mizuno or Kusakura - any time!
    Vin
    Vin

Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi Empty Re: Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi

Post by Vin Sun Jun 07, 2015 9:59 am

I always wear Mizuno, but with IJF Red Label gi in short supply; I notice people are just buying whatever is available. I have sold plenty of Mizuno, Adidas, DanRho and Hiku in the last few months.
    FightingSpirit
    FightingSpirit

Post by FightingSpirit Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:48 pm

Be cautious with sizing...  Many IJF red label Gi's are fitting large and folks are taking a half to full size smaller...  

BUYERS BEWARE - use caution when or if ordering online...  Buy in person for proper fit if at all possible!

Do not trust the old sizing tables - to equate to current fit requirements...

To avoid erroneous sizing with out-dated sizing tables - Height & Weight alone are poor indicators of Gi size for large populus of judoka - there should be a mandate to have potential customers submit more specific and standardized measurements and call upon the vendor to send the appropriate sized Gi...

For example in addition to Ht & Wt - take tape measurements for (at minimum):
    Arm Length(s): knuckle to shoulder  
    Shoulder Breadth (length & girth): Shoulder to shoulder
    Chest Circumference:  Relaxed, under armpits, arms down and at Widest area around Lats

BTW - as a result of the frequent IJF Gi requirement changes:
    1 - Supply is unable to keep up with Demand; which is at a hightended rush for IJF mandated implementation at IJF sanctioned events
    2 - if you do not plan on competing on the IJF World Tour circuit for IJF sanctioned Cadet, Junior, Senior, or Master levels you can now buy IJF Blue labeled Gi's at reduced prices...

On a seperate note:  I'm a bit surprised that there is not more push-back/resistance to the frequency of IJF Gi requirement changes; which have led to the avid competetors having to buy new sets of Gi's over both of the past two years...  Seems completely sketchy if not scandalous...  Where is the call for a class-action suit to protect the little guys from the IJF money making machine...
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:32 pm

duckfan wrote:With the new gi regulations, and the red label, what is everyone wearing? Any recommendations? I am an International player and need the red label.
    Thank you!

Here ya go ... drunken

Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi Johnnie_Walker_Red_Label_Whisky_1187192_i0
    Vin
    Vin

Post by Vin Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Once I go black, I can't go back!

Recommendation on a red label IJF Judo Gi Johnniewalker_black750new__58651.1407759769.1280.1280

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:18 am