E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

HIKU Shiai judogi review

nikeid

HIKU Shiai judogi review Empty HIKU Shiai judogi review

Post by nikeid Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:20 am

Hello everyone.

It’s been a while since I‘ve posted last time – it was Danrho Kano judogi review (here: https://judo.forumotion.com/t2162-danrho-kano-judogi-review). This year I decided to buy a blue judogi, as it was the only gi I didn’t have. And it had to be certificated by IJF – no matter if blue or red, you can wear both in Czech Republic. I was waiting for some discount, because they are expensive as hell… and I found one! It was HIKU Shiai IJF Approved (blue label). It was for 82 € in some German e-shop, but luckily for me we’ve had one shop in Brno (CZE), where they had the gi as well. So I tried it there and then bought it online from Germany.

I’m 182 cm (6ft) and 69 kg (152 pounds) - I bought 180 size, although 175 fit me better in the shop, but I expected some shrinkage.

First feel – very good. The jacket is a bit longer, but it’s easy to have it tailored. I’ll have approx. 6 cm cut off of the jacket. The width of the jacket is very good, fits me great. My other IJF gi (Adidas ELITE J800) is a bit wider. HIKU is very good in width if you take my weight and slim figure into account. Length of the sleeves is perfect.

Trousers are a bit too wide for me (as you would expect, I’m really slim), but nothing too horrible.

I’ll have the jacket length tailored, maybe sleeve width (I have thin arms) and it will fit perfectly. But that is no downside of the gi, I’d have to have any gi tailored because of my figure. I’m really satisfied with the gi (and for the price…!).

Here are some measurements before the 1st wash and after the 1st wash (40 °C, hang dry, no dryer).

JACKET:
    length (shoulder to bottom, without collar): 92 cm / 90 cm
    wingspan (sleeve-sleeve length): 166 cm / 164,5 cm
    width of sleeve: 22 cm / 21 cm
    width of jacket (at chest): 57 cm / 56 cm

PANTS:
    length of trousers: 102 cm / 99,5 cm
    width of trousers leg (at bottom): 26,5 cm / 25 cm
    width of trousers (at waist): 56 cm / 55 cm

As you can see, there is almost no shrinkage. Especially on the wingspan – only 1,5 cm. It’s because of the fabric, it’s 80 % cotton and 20 % polyester, which makes it shrink less. Also the blue color itself is a protection against shrinkage.

I recommend this gi to everyone, great quality, very good fit. Comments appreciated.

PHOTOS OF THE GI: https://photos.app.goo.gl/k7NlRLQPfEWSm8t02
    NBK
    NBK

HIKU Shiai judogi review Empty Re: HIKU Shiai judogi review

Post by NBK Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:44 am

Red gi?
    I missed something
    classicschmosby

Post by classicschmosby Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:17 am

I think he means blue label or red label ijf gi used to signify which years standards the gi was designed to meet
    nikeid

Post by nikeid Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:11 pm

exactly
    noboru
    noboru

HIKU Shiai judogi review Empty colored gi

Post by noboru Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:48 pm

In the Czech Republic are allowed only white or blue judogi. When I competed in Austria or Germany in some team national matches before 15 years I saw lot of colored judogi's. Today is  the same situation. Red coat with black trousers. Blue coat with black trousers, with red trousers, white coat with black trousers.

HIKU Shiai judogi review -c280x210_-280x210-Matchwinner-Pachel-01-07-2017

HIKU Shiai judogi review 10.05.14_Bundeliga_Maenner_2_Kampftag-1024x575

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:09 pm