E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Grappler's Quest Amsterdam

Aikiman

Grappler's Quest Amsterdam Empty Grappler's Quest Amsterdam

Post by Aikiman Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:52 pm

Hello all, as some of you might know, Grappler's quest will be coming to europe this summer, and me and a couple of friends are considering the possibility of doing a 2085 km DRIVE! to participate on the event. There isn't much info about the event just yet, but if any of you guys know stuff like inscription fee's, what the venue will be, etc i would apreciate the info.

Also, and this is me just taking advantage of the forum dwellers, if someone knows low price places we can stay and so on i would apreciatte the info.

Thanks and keep on rolling!
    PointyShinyBurning

Grappler's Quest Amsterdam Empty Re: Grappler's Quest Amsterdam

Post by PointyShinyBurning Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:38 am

No helpful info to add, but I'm strongly considering going over and fighting it. Last time I was in Amsterdam I stayed at http://www.damrakinn.nl/, which was fairly reasonably priced and not excessively full of stoned teenagers.

Edit: According to some people on Facebook it's at a place called Sporthallen Zuid, so the place I linked above is miles away.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 am

nothing related to the tournament to add, but why drive? I always hear about how awesome the trains are in europe. why wouldn't you let someone else do the driving, on a route with no stop signs?
    PointyShinyBurning

Post by PointyShinyBurning Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:34 am

If I go, I'll probably take the train. But just because we're in Europe doesn't mean rail is always and automatically the best option. There's not high speed rail everywhere in the continent, you know...

Just to add, for anyone reading this thread, August 10-11 2013 is the date.
    Aikiman

Post by Aikiman Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 am

The trains work pretty good in france and germany, but conections between spain and Portugal for instance are crappy, to say the least, anyways... we didnt consider that option... Very Happy So now we have one more route to explore. The drive was an idea that made it sound like a real adventure, but the train is also an intriguing option, will look it up.

So thanks to both of you,for the info and the new "plan of attack" for our trip!
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:04 am

If you fly to schiphol theres a really good public transportation to Amsterdam itsself. Inside the city of Amsterdam you can take busses anywhere. So dont worry about transportation.

If im not on holidays by that time, ill be on that tournament myself. It would be cool to see you there!
    Aikiman

Post by Aikiman Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:21 am

Hi Dutch!!! it's almost a given, my wife is convinced, we have 2 more travel mates so its a matter of prices now, hopefully its something we can afford. Hope we can meet there, first beer mug is on me!
    Aikiman

Post by Aikiman Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:27 pm

The new course of action seems to be driving to Paris and from there getting on the TGV to Amsterdam, unfortunatly i can't find prices to the days we want... but a 2085 Km drive is starting to grow on me.. Very Happy
    Dutch Budo
    Dutch Budo

Post by Dutch Budo Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 am

Looking forward to meeting you. Second round of beer will be on me then haha.
    reubenbb

Grappler's Quest Amsterdam Empty Grapplers Quest Information

Post by reubenbb Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:58 pm

I see you have been talking about Grapplers Quest European Championship if you need any help or have any questions please email me on reuben@grapplersquest.eu. Thank you for all the support

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:30 am