E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Budokan monthly news link

NBK
    NBK

Budokan monthly news link Empty Budokan monthly news link

Post by NBK Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:29 pm

The Budokan has done a good job of updating their website and have a free monthly news letter.
    http://www.nipponbudokan.or.jp/shupan/taikai_news.html
    Lots of judo coverage, too.

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Budokan monthly news link Empty Re: Budokan monthly news link

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:52 pm

NBK wrote:The Budokan has done a good job of updating their website and have a free monthly news letter.
    http://www.nipponbudokan.or.jp/shupan/taikai_news.html
    Lots of judo coverage, too.

Interesting. Have you had a chance to have a look at Murata's new book about the internationalization of Jûdô that is featured on page 14 ? Or the one about the history of women's jûdô by Yamaguchi Kaori mentioned on page 15 ?

P.S.: I was expecting at least a centerfold with a pic of you swaying around some giant nagamaki or other ferocious kitchen tool !! Very Happy 
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:09 pm

The things that I practice other than judo are so obscure that even these guys won't cover them. I did appear in some of their publications doing a kata once, and sticking a jo into Lurch's face.

I have not read Murata sensei's book - he was disappointed that a very similar book came out a few scant months before his, and I think its sales prospects were not helped by that.

The Budokan often takes a long, serialized article and publish a book at the end of it. That's how Murata sensei's book was first published, as articles.

Not really checked into Yamaguchi sensei's book but will end up buying both; sometimes if they don't sell well, after the small initial run they'll not print more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:30 am