E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+5
DougNZ
Q mystic
Tai-Jutsu
Old Chestnut
Davaro
9 posters

Some posters

Poll

What should be done?

[ 2 ]
    Some posters Bar_left17%Some posters Bar_right [17%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Some posters Bar_left0%Some posters Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Some posters Bar_left50%Some posters Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Some posters Bar_left0%Some posters Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Some posters Bar_left33%Some posters Bar_right [33%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Davaro
    Davaro

Some posters Empty Some posters

Post by Davaro Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:16 am

Its amazing how every so often a new member comes along and bombards the boards with opinions, necro-posting, generally trying to be "noticed".

lol! 

Ok - so there are a few old posters that do the same but you know what I mean.

/rant
    Old Chestnut

Some posters Empty Re: Some posters

Post by Old Chestnut Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:45 pm

I voted for 5 (Introduce...), however a combination of 2 and 5 would be most appropriate, not to mention entertaining.
    Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

Post by Tai-Jutsu Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:13 am

So do you want a well viewed and perticipated website, where there is an exchange of ideas or do you want a insular private message board?

As long as you have a forum where people can use handles and not there names (and there are good reasons for that I think are better to be in effect than not.) then the idea of rating people, putting them in boxes smacks of a few rich yuppie kids trying to be insular and stuck up.

A few here are well known and beyond reproach, Judo Sensei, Ann Marie, Hanon, Dusty a few I can think of.

And who ever he may be? CK is an asst and I think most apriciate him here over all.

There is a great oppertunity ofr the exchange of information and learning and you might want to encourage more traffic by getting rid of rating and friends and foes and all that crap and just let someone's words stand on their own throught the debate and exchange in the threads.

So if your upset that someone post alot, well post more yourself. It's kind of not hard to seem like you post alot here as this place is very close to empty half the time.
    Davaro
    Davaro

Post by Davaro Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Tai-Jutsu wrote: So do you want a well viewed and perticipated website, where there is an exchange of ideas or do you want a insular private message board?

As long as you have a forum where people can use handles and not there names (and there are good reasons for that I think are better to be in effect than not.) then the idea of rating people, putting them in boxes smacks of a few rich yuppie kids trying to be insular and stuck up.

A few here are well known and beyond reproach, Judo Sensei, Ann Marie, Hanon, Dusty a few I can think of.

And who ever he may be? CK is an asst and I think most apriciate him here over all.

There is a great oppertunity ofr the exchange of information and learning and you might want to encourage more traffic by getting rid of rating and friends and foes and all that crap and just let someone's words stand on their own throught the debate and exchange in the threads.

So if your upset that someone post alot, well post more yourself. It's kind of not hard to seem like you post alot here as this place is very close to empty half the time.
    Dude... ease up a little.

I just find the flood of posts ever so often from randoms, to be quite funny.

My poll is not serious at all. See it in the spirit it was intended.

I have powers here and can banish you to the WBW corner... Twisted Evil 
    Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

Post by Tai-Jutsu Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:11 am

Thought I was easy, just to the point. I'll add more Very Happy Smile Smile Laughing sunny thumbs flower cheers 
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

Post by Q mystic Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:29 am

Star system. Easy.thumbup1 
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:45 am

Necro-posting is an interesting one.  There is a huge amount of knowledge on fora like these.  Sometime I cruise back through and I often see postings in a different light after having acquired more knowledge since they were originally posted.  Often that means I have more questions on the topic.  

So what does one do; reinvigorate an old post or clutter up the board with another post on the same topic?  

How many times do we read "we've already discussed this" or "this was discussed on the old board"?  So what; someone wants to discuss it some more...

Last edited by DougNZ on Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:14 am

hey! just because I introduced my favorite subjects - blue bicycle shorts - doesn't mean that you have to out me as a troll
    Tranquilo
    Tranquilo

Post by Tranquilo Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:37 pm

I think I haven't got the concept of "necro-posting" properly. What is it?Shocked
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:03 am

Stacey wrote:hey! just because I introduced my favorite subjects - blue bicycle shorts - doesn't mean that you have to out me as a troll
    I did not know they had to be blue. Dang, and I was planning on showing off my new pink bicycle shorts (and matching top) to you next time we meet. And you would love the feathers too !
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:42 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    Stacey wrote:hey! just because I introduced my favorite subjects - blue bicycle shorts - doesn't mean that you have to out me as a troll
    I did  not know they had to be blue. Dang, and I was planning on showing off my new pink bicycle shorts (and matching top) to you next time we meet. And you would love the feathers too !
    I believe every color should have its own, separate thread
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:45 am

Tranquilo wrote:I think I haven't got the concept of "necro-posting" properly. What is it?Shocked
    necroposting: taking a thread that hasn't seen any action in a substantive period of time and responding to it. Depending on the topic, the thread could have died last week and posting to it this week would be necroposting, but usually a more substantial period of time passes. So, if you see something where the next to last post was 6 months ago, you have necroposting.

Anyway, that's my understanding.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Stacey wrote:I believe every color should have its own, separate thread
    Separate but equal, does that about sum up your suggestion?

"I have a dream that one day on the red border mats of the Kodokan the sons of former European jacket wrestlers and the sons of go-commando traditionalists will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood ..." errrr ... actually, don't sit in that chair ... it horrifies the locals.

Stacey wrote:necroposting: taking a thread that hasn't seen any action in a substantive period of time and responding to it.  Depending on the topic, the thread could have died last week and posting to it this week would be necroposting, but usually a more substantial period of time passes.  So, if you see something where the next to last post was 6 months ago, you have necroposting.

Some complaints about all the valuable stuff that was $#!*canned on the old Judo Forum ... but then complain when new people actually take the time to sift through all this crap and comment on it ... often by the very same people.  It's cute sometimes, easy to ignore when it's not.  I was pleased to have the Hannah Minx "undo suru" video resurface recently for example ...
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:01 pm

as long as the chairs are all folding and have tennis balls attached to the bottoms......
    Tranquilo
    Tranquilo

Post by Tranquilo Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:34 am

Stacey wrote:necroposting: taking a thread that hasn't seen any action in a substantive period of time and responding to it.  Depending on the topic, the thread could have died last week and posting to it this week would be necroposting, but usually a more substantial period of time passes.  So, if you see something where the next to last post was 6 months ago, you have necroposting.

Thanks, Stacey! So, I realize I have been a necroposter sometimes... and I didn't even know that there was a name for it!Laughing 

BillC wrote:Some complaints about all the valuable stuff that was $#!*canned on the old Judo Forum ... but then complain when new people actually take the time to sift through all this crap and comment on it ... often by the very same people.  It's cute sometimes, easy to ignore when it's not.  I was pleased to have the Hannah Minx "undo suru" video resurface recently for example ...
    I visited the old Judo Forum today. Somehow, I feel like visiting a graveyard... Any new post there is going to resemble necroposting, I guess.Rolling Eyes
    Davaro
    Davaro

Post by Davaro Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:17 am

BillC wrote:.. but then complain when new people actually take the time to sift through all this crap and comment on it ... often by the very same people.  It's cute sometimes, easy to ignore when it's not.  I was pleased to have the Hannah Minx "undo suru" video resurface recently for example ...
    I dont think bringing up an interesting old story, particularly if you are bringing something new to the mix is, or should be classified as necroposting. The thing that drives me round the ol bend (so to speak) Is someone will ask a question, it gets answered and debated for 3 pages of thread and the issue dies. Some new poster (or even old ones) see the thread, dont read, and answer something that has no relevance whatsover. Reviving a "dead" thread = necroposting. Operative word being DEAD. No value to anyone if it is revived...

I agree though that some are cute, some funny. Like old guys who think they are comics Laughing 
    Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

Post by Tai-Jutsu Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 am

Then just lock a thread after so much time? The same issues will come up but such as life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 am