E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+7
Kenan79
BillC
Steve Leadbeater
The_Harvest
tafftaz
NBK
edbiology
11 posters

What do you think? Did she bite? Or it was just a choking hand misplaced on the mouth?

edbiology
    edbiology

What do you think? Did she bite? Or it was just a choking hand misplaced on the mouth? Empty What do you think? Did she bite? Or it was just a choking hand misplaced on the mouth?

Post by edbiology Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:07 pm

Last edited by edbiology on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    NBK
    NBK

What do you think? Did she bite? Or it was just a choking hand misplaced on the mouth? Empty Re: What do you think? Did she bite? Or it was just a choking hand misplaced on the mouth?

Post by NBK Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Nah, she didn't bite - nor did she attack her fingers. It's just the angle and the teeth marks that makes it look bad.......
    tafftaz

What do you think? Did she bite? Or it was just a choking hand misplaced on the mouth? Empty Re: What do you think? Did she bite? Or it was just a choking hand misplaced on the mouth?

Post by tafftaz Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:10 pm

Take a look at the Roper vs Pavia thread Jonesey started if you want to see a judoka bite.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:26 am

had missed that.... no bad blood apparent there!
    The_Harvest
    The_Harvest

Post by The_Harvest Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:05 am

She did bite.
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:10 am

Playing Devils advocate here.............

Did White pull her hand back into the mouth of Blue, thus forming teeth marks ??

just askin'.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:39 am

NBK wrote:no bad blood apparent there!

Let's hope not ... blood-borne diseases are often serious ... Wink

Worth noting to those who like to use a cross-face thinking that the referee won't see, or that "it's just randori" ... please don't try to dislocate my jaw or smear my nose across my face ... I don't care what you do in other grappling sports.
    Kenan79
    Kenan79

Post by Kenan79 Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:52 pm

It seems to me she definetelly took a bite and then released the hand at one point..
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:58 pm

No one has mentioned twisting the fingers ... ?
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:27 pm

BillC wrote:No one has mentioned twisting the fingers ... ?

NBK wrote:Nah, she didn't bite - nor did she attack her fingers. It's just the angle and the teeth marks that makes it look bad.......

confused 
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:51 am

NBK wrote:
    BillC wrote:No one has mentioned twisting the fingers ... ?

NBK wrote:Nah, she didn't bite  - nor did she attack her fingers.  It's just the angle and the teeth marks that makes it look bad.......

confused 

OK asshole, you did make a passing and indirect reference. But someone ... who was that ... just made the point with me that Japanese does not include an understanding of cynical or sarcastic humor. Who was that ... ?

Having fun with John in your absence working the background of goshinjutsu ... no homo.

Safe trip and safe home my brother.
    The_Harvest
    The_Harvest

Post by The_Harvest Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:02 pm

Skip to 18:45

I don't know if it's the "desire" to win but the behaviour of some of the competitors has been downright nasty in the past tournaments I've watched.
    DrJudo
    DrJudo

Post by DrJudo Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:28 pm

It's clear that the Korean bit the Japanese in the wrist. What was her motivation? We don't know, but she should have been penalized with hansoku make. I have seen people getting hansoku for much less than that.
    Bimyou
    Bimyou

Post by Bimyou Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:05 pm

DrJudo wrote:It's clear that the Korean bit the Japanese in the wrist. What was her motivation? We don't know, but she should have been penalized with hansoku make. I have seen people getting hansoku for much less than that.

Sorry I don't agree to me it looked like a quite accidental situation by both players. Watch the Japanese players face .....there was no sign of annoyance, dismay, offence or even surprise. Had she been bitten I believe she would have betrayed some emotion.

Things sometimes look worse if we are looking for critical incidents.
    heikojr
    heikojr

Post by heikojr Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:08 am

It looks to me as if the Korean taps out, too!

heikojr
    The_Harvest
    The_Harvest

Post by The_Harvest Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:53 am

Bimyou wrote:
    DrJudo wrote:It's clear that the Korean bit the Japanese in the wrist. What was her motivation? We don't know, but she should have been penalized with hansoku make. I have seen people getting hansoku for much less than that.

Sorry I don't agree to me it looked like a quite accidental situation by both players.  Watch the Japanese players face .....there was no sign of annoyance, dismay, offence or even surprise.  Had she been bitten I believe she would have betrayed some emotion.

Things sometimes look worse if we are looking for critical incidents.

Japanese people rarely show any emotions during competitions. They are known for being stoical.

Last edited by The_Harvest on Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
    medo

Post by medo Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:05 am

Looks unfriendly, normally the injured jumps around to get the perpetrator disqualified at one time we were being taught in the national squad to feed the jacket into ones own mouth lift your head and frantically point to get the disqualification or Matte. So can work both ways, all part of the higher end game of judo.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 2:04 am