E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

World Grand Masters or International Masters Championships?

DrJudo
    DrJudo

World Grand Masters or International Masters Championships? Empty World Grand Masters or International Masters Championships?

Post by DrJudo Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:58 pm

The next IJF Grand Masters World Championships will be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on November 23, 2013. This venue is quite far and expensive for most master athletes, who after all have to pay expenses out of their own pocket. Unfortunately, I anticipate that this venue will not have much support and I would not be surprised if Miami is chosen again as the venue at the eleventh hour prior to the scheduled event. Anyway, those master judoka who would like to have a real, alternate option might consider registration for the International Masters Championships that will be held in the Dominican Republic from December 7 to 8, 2013. The latter is being sponsored by the World Judo Federation. As I said, I suspect that the IJF Grand Masters in Abu Dhabi will not have success. Masters judoka need to plan ahead of time due to work and family commitments. Between the two, I would choose the tournament planned in the Dominican Republic.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:17 am