E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Winning senior athlete will take his life next week

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Winning senior athlete will take his life next week Empty Winning senior athlete will take his life next week

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:14 am

The following clip of two senior athletes in their 90s endeared many viewers this past year:

The winning gentleman has been accumulating medals in various track and field events for veterans over the past years:

http://alexrotasphotography.com/photo_10381372.html

In 2012 in an interview he was asked for his recipe for such a long and healthy life and responded: "A good breakfast. I start every day with a glas of water, a banana, two oranges, 4 slices of bread with chocolate spread and a chocolate bar, and I weight only 60 kg".

Asked what his plans were the 95-year old said last week: "My dream was to live past 100 years and remain healthy and win many more medals and set new records."

And he added: "But unfortunately I now no longer can, having been recently diagnosed with cancer".

Two months ago doctors found he had stomach and intestinal cancer. He now no longer can eat and can hardly get out of his bed. Medical professors still wanted to operate on him, but he refused. He said that they were unable to tell him if he would ever recover or still be able to run. He then concluded he wanted to leave the hospital and go home, and signed the paperwork to undergo euthanasia next week.

On Monday he will hold a farewell party with champagne for his close friends. Later that week he will end his life.
    Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Winning senior athlete will take his life next week Empty Re: Winning senior athlete will take his life next week

Post by Heisenberg Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:21 am

Respects to him for his accomplishments and for ending life on his own terms.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Winning senior athlete will take his life next week Empty Re: Winning senior athlete will take his life next week

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:41 am

Yesterday, Mr. Pauwels had his farewell party. Numerous old friends showed up to express their sympathy and support.

This afternoon at 14:00 h, Mr. Pauwels received a lethal injection and passed away.

Condolences to his family and friends.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 pm