E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

The Bad Boy Olympian documentary (BBC) - Ashley McKenzie

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

The Bad Boy Olympian documentary (BBC) - Ashley McKenzie Empty The Bad Boy Olympian documentary (BBC) - Ashley McKenzie

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:12 am

Creamy creamy baileys
    Creamy creamy baileys

The Bad Boy Olympian documentary (BBC) - Ashley McKenzie Empty Re: The Bad Boy Olympian documentary (BBC) - Ashley McKenzie

Post by Creamy creamy baileys Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Someone posted this recently to FB and I watched it all a few weeks ago.

Great story (I think) because it showcases the effects of judo on emotional maturity, growth etc. Ashley - and his mentors - certainly seem to be using it to good benefit to counteract some troubling circumstances in his life.

Also - damn - his judo is *slick*.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

The Bad Boy Olympian documentary (BBC) - Ashley McKenzie Empty Re: The Bad Boy Olympian documentary (BBC) - Ashley McKenzie

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 am

Very interesting, thanks for sharing !
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 am

How is he a "bad boy" anyway ? ADHD seems to be an issue, however, I think that may in reality be one of his strengths as a competitor, despite other issues it causes him.

He is VERY quick and coordinated. Made the other guys in the video at the shiai look like they were standing still at times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:21 pm