E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Trending Now: This Girl Participates in Her First Judo Match, and It's Adorable

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Trending Now:  This Girl Participates in Her First Judo Match, and It's Adorable Empty Trending Now: This Girl Participates in Her First Judo Match, and It's Adorable

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:54 am

See: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/this-girl-participates-in-her-first-judo-match--and-it-s-adorable-185959671.html
    Heisenberg
    Heisenberg

Trending Now:  This Girl Participates in Her First Judo Match, and It's Adorable Empty Re: Trending Now: This Girl Participates in Her First Judo Match, and It's Adorable

Post by Heisenberg Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:36 pm

At that age is it really for the enjoyment and growth of the child, or to self ingratiate the parent? Never mind; I think I already know the answer.
    BillC
    BillC

Trending Now:  This Girl Participates in Her First Judo Match, and It's Adorable Empty Re: Trending Now: This Girl Participates in Her First Judo Match, and It's Adorable

Post by BillC Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:40 am

Heisenberg wrote:At that age is it really for the enjoyment and growth of the child, or to self ingratiate the parent? Never mind; I think I already know the answer.

Well ... depends on what's going on with the parent and child before and after the tournament, would you agree?
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:11 am

One of the guys in class pointed this out to me on a face book page.
    A lot of comments. Mostly negative.
    Phrases such as "sick" and "bullying" are bandied about throughout the comments section of this video.
    Mostly from people who have never set foot on a tatami, let alone even know what judo is.
    The article call it a competition, but I just think it is 2 toddlers having fun.
    I have seen demo's like this with 5-8 yr olds done before the older kids participate in a more structured shiai and that's all they are, demonstrations. Plus they all get a little medal for taking part, and we all know how much kids love medals.
    Whether it is good or bad I don't know, but they seemed to be enjoying.
    Personally not my cup of tea but what do I know.
    At least they were bowing to each other, maybe too much sometimes Very Happy 
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:40 am

Those rei looked lethal!!  Shocked 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:46 pm