E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Cure for hepatitis C discovered !

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Cure for hepatitis C discovered ! Empty Cure for hepatitis C discovered !

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:26 am

In a major medical breakthrough a cure for hepatitis C has been discovered.

Hepatitis C has sometimes been called the STD of the 1990s. It's a slow disease that is still underestimated because many people discover only serious symptoms as much as 20 years after infection. The disease sometimes evolves into cancer.

http://www.webmd.com/hepatitis/news/20140410/cure-rate-for-experimental-hepatitis-c-drug-tops-95-percent
    Stacey
    Stacey

Cure for hepatitis C discovered ! Empty Re: Cure for hepatitis C discovered !

Post by Stacey Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:38 am

It will be interesting to see how the insurance companies deal with the price tag on this cure. It will also be interesting to see how quickly (or if) prisons and other institutions adopt this cure as in the US, a ton of cases arise in the petri dish that is the prison system.

I'm happy to hear of the cure, and saw it earlier in the day, passing it along to a few people I know with Hep C, including one with cirrhosis as this cure is supposedly ok for those with that level of liver damage. I just wish the mfg of the drug protocol would make the price affordable.
    kiti
    kiti

Post by kiti Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:57 am

How exciting! I've been hoping to hear of a cure or vaccine for hep C since a family friend died of it over a decade ago. I also have distant family members infected with that disease.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:20 am

kiti wrote:How exciting!  I've been hoping to hear of a cure or vaccine for hep C since a family friend died of it over a decade ago.  I also have distant family members infected with that disease.

Hey Kiti,

Good to hear from you. I was just about to make broccoli soup for tonight when I saw when my computer detected life signs. Hope all is well and in your area you are not being rained out like we are ...
    kiti
    kiti

Post by kiti Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    kiti wrote:How exciting!  I've been hoping to hear of a cure or vaccine for hep C since a family friend died of it over a decade ago.  I also have distant family members infected with that disease.

Hey Kiti,

Good to hear from you. I was just about to make broccoli soup for tonight when I saw when my computer detected life signs. Hope all is well and in your area you are not being rained out like we are  ...

Thank you CK, I am well, hope you are too. It has been raining a bit here, the monsoons started last week, the day I got back from my summer vacation to Montana. I am enjoying my summer break, working a lot. In six or seven more months, I should be an RN finally.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:39 am

kiti wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Hey Kiti,

Good to hear from you. I was just about to make broccoli soup for tonight when I saw when my computer detected life signs. Hope all is well and in your area you are not being rained out like we are  ...

Thank you CK,  I am well, hope you are too.  It has been raining a bit here, the monsoons started last week, the day I got back from my summer vacation to Montana.  I am enjoying my summer break, working a lot.  In six or seven more months, I should be an RN finally.

That's exciting news, Kiti, I am so glad to hear about your RN study. I am sure you will be very good at it. Will you be giving a party when you graduate ?
    kiti
    kiti

Post by kiti Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:20 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    kiti wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Hey Kiti,

Thank you CK,  I am well, hope you are too.  It has been raining a bit here, the monsoons started last week, the day I got back from my summer vacation to Montana.  I am enjoying my summer break, working a lot.  In six or seven more months, I should be an RN finally.

That's exciting news, Kiti, I am so glad to hear about your RN study. I am sure you will be very good at it. Will you be giving a party when you graduate ?

Thank you. I probably will not have a party when I graduate, it will be study time then. Until I take my exam. Maybe after I pass my exam I'll have a party!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:07 am