E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Oh nooooo.....!

ItchyKomi
    ItchyKomi

Oh nooooo.....! Empty Oh nooooo.....!

Post by ItchyKomi Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 pm

I need(want) a new gi and FF are not selling the master gi anymore...

I can get an actual Tagoya master direct from Spain for £130 inc postage or a FF black label for £120 inc postage.

I have a master already. Never seen a black label.

Opinions?
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Oh nooooo.....! Empty Re: Oh nooooo.....!

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:00 am

ItchyKomi wrote:I need(want) a new gi and FF are not selling the master gi anymore...

I can get an actual Tagoya master direct from Spain for £130 inc postage or a FF black label for £120 inc postage.

I have a master already. Never seen a black label.

Opinions?

I think it is hard for anyone to give a sensible opinion for the mere reason that it is totally unclear to us why precisely it has to be that brand and that jûdôgi. After all, there are dozens of brands and even more types of jûdôgi out there.
    Raj Venugopal

Post by Raj Venugopal Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:54 am

It has to be that brand because it comes in optional camouflage pattern with tear away lapels. there is also a handy brass knuckle pouch and armour inserts.
    ItchyKomi
    ItchyKomi

Post by ItchyKomi Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:21 am

Haha. I need the knuckle dusters!!

I find the fit of the master gi excellent. If I could still get it in the UK it would not be up for debate..However I am wary of unexpected import duty getting it sent in from Espana. Hence the question about the black label.

My other favourite gi the shuurai lite from Blitz has also been sent to gi manufacturers heaven :-(
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:09 am

ItchyKomi wrote:Haha. I need the knuckle dusters!!

I find the fit of the master gi excellent. If I could still get it in the UK it would not be up for debate..However I am wary of unexpected import duty getting it sent in from Espana. Hence the question about the black label.

My other favourite gi the shuurai lite from Blitz has also been sent to gi manufacturers heaven :-(

How can you have to pay import duty for something coming from Spain sent to the UK since both are EU coutries, and you would be importing a single piece for your own use that is way below the taxable amount ?

I have no idea about "the fit". Assuming that you are built as a humanoid, most brands should properly fit if you only choose the correct size, with obviously Japanese gi having the most sizes but also being the most expensive. If a basic European-made gi suffices, there are so many brands around, Adidas, SFAM Norris, Matsuru, Fuji, and so many more. Most of these companies make gi mainly for humans.
    ItchyKomi
    ItchyKomi

Post by ItchyKomi Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:37 pm

I was under the impression that import duty/taxes were still payable even within the EU?

I am happy to be mistaken!

Anyway yes of course there are very many different gi but i have found that the Master gi is the best for me as an individual . I have tried on many different types but none are quite as good for me as the master. However I am not close minded to new options... Hence the question!

Thanks for the replies
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:27 pm

ItchyKomi wrote:I was under the impression that import duty/taxes were still payable even within the EU?

I am happy to be mistaken!

Anyway yes of course there are very many different gi but i have found that the Master gi is the best for me as an individual . I have tried on many different types but none are quite as good for me as the master. However I am not close minded to new options... Hence the question!

Thanks for the replies

If you accurately know your body measurements and choose the appropriate gi it should fit irrespective of the brand. Trying on a gi is always a tricky thing because the gi shrinks afterwards. One does not buy a gi like a Western suit. I have never ever tried on a gi before I bought it and they all perfectly fit irrespective of brand; obviously I chose the right size for my body.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:57 am