E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Mizuno Hayato or Adidas J500 ?

ffranco

Mizuno Hayato or Adidas J500 ? Empty Mizuno Hayato or Adidas J500 ?

Post by ffranco Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:22 am

Hi to all,

I'm a beginner (in fact, coming back to judo after a 19 years hiatus) and I'm looking for a new Gi. I have an offer to buy a Mizuno's Hayato or an Adidas J500 for the same price. Which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance,
    Frank
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Mizuno Hayato or Adidas J500 ? Empty Re: Mizuno Hayato or Adidas J500 ?

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:35 am

ffranco wrote:Hi to all,

I'm a beginner (in fact, coming back to judo after a 19 years hiatus) and I'm looking for a new Gi. I have an offer to buy a Mizuno's Hayato or an Adidas J500 for the same price. Which one should I buy?

Thanks in advance,
    Frank

Do you have to ask ? You want to go do jûdô or play soccer ? If playing soccer is the answer, then by all means choose the one with the shoulder stripes !
    ffranco

Post by ffranco Sat May 03, 2014 5:48 am

Thank you very much, CK. I'll order the Mizuno one.
    See ya,
    Frank
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sat May 03, 2014 6:12 am

Mizuno every day. I have one which is over 20 years old and still perfect.

I had an Adidas judogi once. I wore it once and sold it after 3 weeks. Worse judogi I ever owned.
    TheWizardofOdds

Post by TheWizardofOdds Sat May 03, 2014 9:54 am

Let us know what you think about the Hayato if you do get it. I've been thinking about mizuno as my next GI. I like the simplicity and light weight of the hayato. Or possibly the keiko. Just wish it didn't have the blue bands on the shoulders. Same reason I don't want the essimo ippon or ff superstar. I like both gis but want there to be no or little branding.
    ffranco

Post by ffranco Sat May 03, 2014 10:01 am

Sure, Wizard. I'll share my impressions as soon as I get the Hayato and use it in a training session.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 pm

I got a limited edition Mizuno Edo - 1.5 weave as a training judogi just because it did not have any stripes. I really dislike the Keiko with the shoulder stripes http://www.judogis.co.uk/mizuno-keiko-logo-judo-suit.html.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sat May 03, 2014 10:48 pm

These look OK:

http://www.kicksport.com/uniforms-belts/judo-uniforms/all-judo/noris-white-tiger-ijf-champion-judo-gi-white.html

http://www.kicksport.com/uniforms-belts/judo-uniforms/all-judo/hiku-shiai-ijf-approved-white.html
    ffranco

Post by ffranco Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:19 am

Hi,

After my 4th training session with the Mizuno Hayato judo gi, these are my impressions so far:

- Lightweight, but not cheap materials were used. Although mine came with a "Made in Pakistan" label, I had no issues with the judo gi. It's comfortable for training, specially here in Brazil.
    - It's a single weave judo gi, so, you get what you pay for. The fabric is clearly thinner than other Mizunos, but it's better than others brands judo gis I've compared with (Adidas, Shiroi and Atama).
    - Price: the regular price for the Mizuno's Hayato here in Brazil is around U$155,00. I bought mine in a U$100,00 offer, a great bargain! The regular price for the Adidas J500 is U$150,00.

The bottom line is that I'm very satisfied with the Mizuno's Hayato model. It fits perfectly and it seems reliable to any movements due it's fabric strenght and flexibility (It's great for Ne Waza).

As a 33 year old guy coming back to judo after a long break, I think this is a great judo gi. I think it's an excellent choice for the beginner at the sport, too.

I would like to thank every piece of help I've received here in the forum at the time I was choosing a new judogi. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
    Franco
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:24 am

ffranco wrote:Hi,

After my 4th training session with the Mizuno Hayato judo gi, these are my impressions so far:

- Lightweight, but not cheap materials were used. Although mine came with a "Made in Pakistan" label, I had no issues with the judo gi. It's comfortable for training, specially here in Brazil.
    - It's a single weave judo gi, so, you get what you pay for. The fabric is clearly thinner than other Mizunos, but it's better than others brands judo gis I've compared with (Adidas, Shiroi and Atama).
    - Price: the regular price for the Mizuno's Hayato here in Brazil is around U$155,00. I bought mine in a U$100,00 offer, a great bargain! The regular price for the Adidas J500 is U$150,00.

The bottom line is that I'm very satisfied with the Mizuno's Hayato model. It fits perfectly and it seems reliable to any movements due it's fabric strenght and flexibility (It's great for Ne Waza).

As a 33 year old guy coming back to judo after a long break, I think this is a great judo gi. I think it's an excellent choice for the beginner at the sport, too.

I would like to thank every piece of help I've received here in the forum at the time I was choosing a new judogi. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
    Franco

Thanks for the review, Franco.

Mizuno with a label "made in Pakistan", huh ? You might wanna send a picture of that to Mizuno HQ in Japan ... just a suggestion ...
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:18 am

Only the judogi from the upper end of the Mizuno range are made in the original factory in Japan. The others are made in China and it seems Pakistan?
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:36 am

Jonesy wrote:Only the judogi from the upper end of the Mizuno range are made in the original factory in Japan. The others are made in China and it seems Pakistan?

On e-Bay vendors from China used to sell bags of labels which you could then sew or stick on any equipment you bought or manufactured anywhere. I guess it is not illegal to sell the labels separately, only when you stick them onto products to make people believe it is actually manufactured by the company it purports to be.
    ffranco

Post by ffranco Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:17 pm

I've bought it from a reliable vendor and it came with all the labels, tags and package in order. I do not see any traces of a counterfeit product here, only the usual way to cut costs using cheap workforce. But... It's difficult to be 100% sure about products origins nowadays.
    Neil G
    Neil G

Post by Neil G Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:12 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    Mizuno with a label "made in Pakistan", huh ?  You might wanna send a picture of that to Mizuno HQ in Japan ... just a suggestion ...
    Mizuno offers made in Japan models and made elsewhere models cheaper. Used to be made in China, now it seems Pakistan. For example, you can buy the Yusho made in Japan or the Yusho II made in Pakistan. Check out Kodokan gear, they clearly state "made in Pakistan" in the description and are a reliable vendor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 am