E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Children's judo clubs in Virginia

Threefingers

Children's judo clubs in Virginia Empty Children's judo clubs in Virginia

Post by Threefingers Tue May 20, 2014 3:45 am

Dear All,

I teach at a local community judo club in England and one of my young members is going to live in America. I have offered to ask on the forum if there are any clubs that the family might try. The family are moving to Dahlgren in Virginia. The boy in question is about 9 years old. He would like to continue with judo, he currently enjoys it from a recreational rather than a competitive point of view. Thank you in advance.
    Bill M

Children's judo clubs in Virginia Empty Re: Children's judo clubs in Virginia

Post by Bill M Wed May 21, 2014 8:57 am

I know longer live in Virginia, and the town you mention is off by itself--believe it is a Naval Warfae school. But, you might try contacting Maryland Judo Inc., Virginia Judo Inc., or Shufu Judo Yundanshakai. They could put you in touch with the nearest dojo. Hope you find something

Bill M
    Threefingers

Post by Threefingers Wed May 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Dear Bill M,

Thank you for your reply. I will pass on this information and contact the Schools that you mention in due course. Thanks again.
    vabeachjudoka

Post by vabeachjudoka Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 am

My brother runs a Judo club in Stafford/Quantico Virginia. It is a very friendly family oriented Judo club. The website is www.streamlinejudo.com.You can get any other info you may need from there.

Smile 
    Threefingers

Post by Threefingers Thu May 22, 2014 10:31 am

Thank you vabeachjudoka.

I will pass on your recommendation for the Stafford/Quantico club and any help received on this forum to the family concerned.

I trained in Virginia Beach once or twice about 25+ years ago, it was a privilege for me as a young man to go to the dojo and to receive instruction from Professor Ishikawa. With thanks and regards.
    FightingSpirit
    FightingSpirit

Post by FightingSpirit Sat May 24, 2014 5:40 pm

Frederickburg Virginia is about 20-25 minutes closer to Dahlgren than Stafford.  Wall 2 Wall Martial Arts has a judo program in Frederickburg that has a very strong up and coming group of kids...   Looks like Dahlgren is only about 35 minutes from Fredericksburg, which would make it about an hour from Stafford.  

W2WMA - Judo Program
    http://www.w2wma.com/
    Threefingers

Post by Threefingers Tue May 27, 2014 9:38 pm

Thank you fighting spirit, I'll pass on the info that you have posted to the family concerned. All the best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 am