E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+7
cokiee
Cichorei Kano
finarashi
Kuden
heikojr
Anatol
Jonesy
11 posters

Congratulations to 2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Congratulations to  2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter Empty 2014 IJF World Kata Championships, Malaga

Post by Jonesy Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:43 pm

Day 1 Results: http://www.intjudo.eu/News/cikk3225
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Congratulations to  2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter Empty Congratulations to 2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter

Post by Jonesy Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:48 pm

The culmination of years of dedicated training, study and sacrifice. Congratulations Wdax and partner.

http://www.intjudo.eu/News/cikk3225
    Anatol

Congratulations to  2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter Empty Re: Congratulations to 2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter

Post by Anatol Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:24 pm

Amazing!

My very best congratulations.

This is the classic union of Wen (scriptures) und Wu (practice and executing).

heikojr
    heikojr

Congratulations to  2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter Empty Re: Congratulations to 2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter

Post by heikojr Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:34 am

Nice job!!!

heikojr
    heikojr
    heikojr

Post by heikojr Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:38 am

Any news on day two yet? I watched, but can't find results.

heikojr
    Kuden

Congratulations to  2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter Empty Finally made it!!

Post by Kuden Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:26 am

Hearty congratulations, Ulla & Wolfgang, on winning the Kata Championship in Ju-no-Kata in Malaga!! They truly deserve it after many years of creative/inventive and intensive practice!!
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:04 am

Good news, good competition Ulla & Wolfgang
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:00 am

Kuden wrote:Hearty congratulations, Ulla & Wolfgang, on winning the Kata Championship in Ju-no-Kata in Malaga!!  They truly deserve it after many years of creative/inventive and intensive practice!!

I would like to echo the comments of kuden !

The Yokoyama/Omori pair were thought to be unbeatable in jû-no-kata after winning the previous 6 titles. Personally, I would have already retired after 5 titles, otherwise an experience like this is bound to happen. They certainly look a lot less happy on the pics than our forum friends.

It will be great to see the demonstrations. I noticed the Rumanian gymnasts being third ...

There are supposed to be YouTube uploads:

Day 1 Finals:

Day 2 Finals:

Although the first clip is supposed to last 1h 37'29" and the second one 1h 42'42", all I get is an empty clip showing nothing but a poster of the contest. I don't know if this is a software conflict of what the heck is going on.

Today, several other forum members are competing such as a couple of which Taigyo is a member and another one containing Lurker. I wish both of them all the best !
    cokiee

Post by cokiee Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:18 am

Congratulations!
    shuitt

Post by shuitt Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:51 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    Kuden wrote:Hearty congratulations, Ulla & Wolfgang, on winning the Kata Championship in Ju-no-Kata in Malaga!!  They truly deserve it after many years of creative/inventive and intensive practice!!

I would like to echo the comments of kuden !

The Yokoyama/Omori pair were thought to be unbeatable in jû-no-kata after winning the previous 6 titles. Personally, I would have already retired after 5 titles, otherwise an experience like this is bound to happen. They certainly look a lot less happy on the pics than our forum friends.

It will be great to see the demonstrations. I noticed the Rumanian gymnasts being third ...

There are supposed to be YouTube uploads:

Day 1 Finals:

Day 2 Finals:

Although the first clip is supposed to last 1h 37'29" and the second one 1h 42'42", all I get is an empty clip showing nothing but a poster of the contest. I don't know if this is a software conflict of what the heck is going on.

Today, several other forum members are competing such as a couple of which Taigyo is a member and another one containing Lurker. I wish both of them all the best !

On the Day 1 video the Kata starts at 21'0"
    On the Day 2 video the Kata starts at 23'27"
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Congratulations to  2014 Ju-no-kata World Champion - Wdax and Parter Empty No other JudoForum members in the medals on day 2 - Japan takes all remaining gold medals

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:50 am

KIME NO KATA

Japan retained their 2013 title with Iran finishing second and hosts Spain winning their first medal with an impressive showing for bronze.

Kime no Kata Medal Podium

1/ TAKEISHI Kenji - UEMATSU Koji – JPN – 586 pts.
    2/ BARDIGARMROUDI Abdolvahab - ROUHOLLAHZADEH Seyedyashar -IRA- 566 pts.
    3/ BLAS Fernando - CHUNG U Chan- SPA- 565 pts.
    4/ DE MAERTELEIRE Dirk - INGHELBRECHT Christophe- BEL- 555 pts.
    5/ BEGA Stephane - MARQUES Gregory- FRA- 553 pts.
    6/ VICENS Miguel Angel - VICENS Antoni- SPA-547 pts.

KODOKAN GOSHIN JITSU

Japan won their fourth title ahead of Italy while Iran won their third medal of the competition.

Kodokan Goshin Jitsu Medal Podium

1 / MIYAMOTO Hideki - WATANABE Masaki – JPN – 612 pts.
    2/ VOLPI Ubaldo - CALDERINI Maurizio – ITA – 595 pts.
    3/ NAJAFI Mohammadhassan - KARIMINASER Alireza – IRI- 581 pts.
    4/ GONCALVES Pedro - MOREIRA Paulo – POR – 576 pts.
    5/ ENGELEN Yves - TERWINGHE Didier- BEL- 573 pts.
    6/ DOTTA Marco - DURIGON Marco – ITA- 542 pts.
    Fritz
    Fritz

Post by Fritz Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:02 am

WDax' perfomance can be seen from this point:

The synchronicity between both partners at some steps / moves is very impressive ...

But some things looks a little bit strange to me:

- Whats wrong with the Judo-Gi? It looks like that they are so stiff, that they can't hold their arm in a natural way...
    - What is the reason behind this big step at the beginning of the performance?
    - What are the reasons behind these various stops in some of the movements?
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:50 pm

- nothing is wrong with their judogi. They are wearing kata appropriate judogi, meaning that they are probably very new, dried in the sun, and appropriately ironed. Further, they are not as tight as possible. Those who fight shiai prefer a judogi that's tight, tight at the wrists and the length of the leg. They don't give a wit about ironing, and don't care if they are a little discolored, either with blood spots that didn't quite come out, or with the usual yellowing. Heck, they don't care if the ends of their belts are the same length. Kata cares about all of that. Think ritual and perfection.

- the big step at the beginning of the performance is that step that fighters take in shiai from the line. It's very formalized, but it essentially starts the kata.

- study ju-no kata for the reasoning behind everything. Basically, Tori takes Uke to the brink of falling and then backs down. The one slap is tapping out. The step backwards is an indication that the uke would fall. Ju-no kata demonstrates control, understanding of hara, and the ability to stop techniques at the cusp of a fall, or whatever the goal of the technique happens to be.

Thanks for cuing the video for us.

Wdax and Partner - excellent! Makes me understand how much of a kata neophyte I really am.
    wdax

Post by wdax Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks everybody for the nice comments. Of course this was a special moment for us....

The videoclip is sadly low resolution, wide-angle and wrong aspect-ratio. So all distances, angles, timing, speed etc. are totally weired...
    heikojr
    heikojr

Post by heikojr Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:07 am

wdax,

I assume that you stayed for the clinic after... Could you give a synopsis, please?

heikojr
    wdax

Post by wdax Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:29 am

heikojr wrote:wdax,

I assume that you stayed for the clinic after... Could you give a synopsis, please?

heikojr

I attended only the first morning, because I had to travel back home. What I can say is, that it was very, very good.

The idea was to explain the keypoints of each kata. There was an introduction on this by Endicot-Davies, who clearified the the context. The level of kata in general has increased and it is more and more difficult for judges to give correct scores, because the level of many players is similar. He explained, whar "riai" means, and that this shlould be a very important criterium to evaluate.

After that, the instructors (Murata and Fujita) explained the riai of each kata, which was demonstrated by the absolute top-players of the competition. Both made a very good job. None of the technical details was in any way new to me, but I hope, that as many people as possible could gain profit auf it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:02 pm