E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+9
TJC
Cichorei Kano
Stacey
seatea
judoratt
finarashi
Hanon
ThePieman
Judo Dad
13 posters

Which will be first 200th member or 2000th post?

genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Which will be first 200th member or 2000th post? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which will be first 200th member or 2000th post?

Post by genetic judoka Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:41 am

sadly I'm leading the pack right now. does that mean I don't have a life?
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Which will be first 200th member or 2000th post? - Page 2 Empty Re: Which will be first 200th member or 2000th post?

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:43 am

genetic judoka wrote:sadly I'm leading the pack right now. does that mean I don't have a life?

No, you haven't yet been married long enough. Twisted Evil
    Davaro
    Davaro

Post by Davaro Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:52 am

TJC wrote:Greating!

yes it is... CK has that effect on people Twisted Evil
    OldeEnglishD
    OldeEnglishD

Post by OldeEnglishD Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    genetic judoka wrote:sadly I'm leading the pack right now. does that mean I don't have a life?

And then the kids come along and you REALLY don't have a life! Laughing
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 am

OldeEnglishD wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

And then the kids come along and you REALLY don't have a life! Laughing

god i don't even wanna think about that. as it is I'm training 6 days a week (5 of which are on the mat), going to school full time, and working full time. if kids suddenly appear, sadly I know which one of those I'll have to cut back on.
    Rensa
    Rensa

Post by Rensa Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:49 am

Post counts are rubbish.

The disease of all internet forums is: when the discussion is not hot and interesting enough, topics derail quickly and nobody will know what the OP was about, unless he is able to read the whole nonsense again.
    And we don't, because we have a life or/and a wife (lol) - you may of course let this topic derail even more by voting about the and/or of my statement. Twisted Evil

Therefore the old JF was past its expiration date. Everyone whines about the great information hidden below the surface of tons of posts. Try to find something valuable about a technique without the most excellent search engine... It became a library where the keeper crashed the computer with the locations of the books. Note: long before the buy-out by the new owners!

So, consider this: the more posts, the more posters, the more the nonsense takes it over.
    This topic proves it. What was it about? Don't try to find it out over the 'view recent posts' link... affraid
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:03 am

Who cares about posts, we care only about the discussion!
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:40 am

Rensa wrote:Post counts are rubbish.

The disease of all internet forums is: when the discussion is not hot and interesting enough, topics derail quickly and nobody will know what the OP was about, unless he is able to read the whole nonsense again.
    And we don't, because we have a life or/and a wife (lol) - you may of course let this topic derail even more by voting about the and/or of my statement. Twisted Evil

Therefore the old JF was past its expiration date. Everyone whines about the great information hidden below the surface of tons of posts. Try to find something valuable about a technique without the most excellent search engine... It became a library where the keeper crashed the computer with the locations of the books. Note: long before the buy-out by the new owners!

So, consider this: the more posts, the more posters, the more the nonsense takes it over.
    This topic proves it. What was it about? Don't try to find it out over the 'view recent posts' link... affraid

I find that as a whole judoka are not overly serious people. when we're not on the mat blasting away at each other we like to chat about random nonsense, and we like to make funny comments about the nuances of each others' posts. that quickly leads to a thread being derailed. and to me that's not that big of a deal. we have fun talking about judo, as well as other topics.

note that on more serious threads (such as ones found in the kata, history, or techniques forums) posts stay more or less on topic unless it's the OP that derails the thread. but this isn't a serious thread about a serious topic, what did you expect?

also note that this is neither a professional forum, nor is it a forum run by professionals. it's also not a forum that requires a paid membership. we're a group of amateurs running a forum for normal people to talk about a hobby we're passionate about.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:32 am

I am inclined to disagree. There were also some very valuable threads, like, for example the "How do I get 5 stars thread".
    Stacey
    Stacey

Post by Stacey Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:44 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:I am inclined to disagree. There were also some very valuable threads, like, for example the "How do I get 5 stars thread".

at least here, you can give yourself 5 stars by looking to the Emoticons menu and doing this:
    Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:I am inclined to disagree. There were also some very valuable threads, like, for example the "How do I get 5 stars thread".

.. and you could always find it and read valuable advie that Stacey was giving on that thread!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:09 am