E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

In your face Vlad ... I like to call him Vlad

BillC
    BillC

In your face Vlad ... I like to call him Vlad Empty In your face Vlad ... I like to call him Vlad

Post by BillC Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:26 am

Majlinda Kelmendi: Kosovo's judo queen fights for recognition
    daigakuinsei
    daigakuinsei

In your face Vlad ... I like to call him Vlad Empty Re: In your face Vlad ... I like to call him Vlad

Post by daigakuinsei Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:59 am

Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy watching Kelmendi compete and her coach's dedication shows. In the article, her quote embodies seiryoku zenyo in trying to perfect oneself: "Through judo I became somebody. And it's good that I don't do judo because of money, I don't do it because I wanted to get famous. I do judo because I feel it, I love it -- it makes me feel good, makes me feel special."

I'm glad that the IJF and IOC decided to recognize Kosovo because in that instance, Judo came before politics and allowed her to represent her home country. Kelmendi being a high profile athlete from Kosovo perhaps helped push those decisions forward. Like the article states, she could have easily gone to another country and earned a lot of money. (The UAE Judo team roster springs to mind). Regardless, I predict and hope that Kelmendi doesn't suffer from the flag-bearer curse and becomes the first Olympic Champion from Kosovo next year in Rio (the same city that she won her first world title back in 2013). Take that Vlad

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:27 pm