E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Judo in Japan

boochoo

Judo in Japan Empty Judo in Japan

Post by boochoo Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:26 am

Hi guys,

I am going to Japan for a full month this April and want to find a dojo to train for 30 days straight. I looked into the Kodokan however there is limited availability given my stay is qualified as short term and thus there wouldn't be a lot of class options for me. I am fairly new to Judo but have been participating in competitive sports, weightlifting and other martial arts since I was young.

Does anyone know of any smaller dojos I should look up or contact? Or have any suggestions in terms of how I can maximize my 30 days there for training? I am open to any dojo in any city in Japan but hope to find one preferably in Tokyo or Osaka. Or do you think the Kodokan is still my best bet (if they allow me to participate in their futsu-ka classes).

For background, I am a 24 year old Canadian male who just graduated from university a few years ago. My japanese is limited however I intend on learning as much as I can before I go.

Thanks for all your help!!
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Judo in Japan Empty Re: Judo in Japan

Post by Steve Leadbeater Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:31 am

IMHO stick with the Kodokan, at least you will learn the basics of Judo correctly, with assistance (should you ask for help) from the best in the business.
    Other Dojo, smaller or private or University are best left to those who are well versed in ""survival techniques""
    The Kodokan International Department is the best place to seek assistance.
    Good luck and have fun.

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:48 am