E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Isao Okano instructor

judoka67

Isao Okano instructor Empty Isao Okano instructor

Post by judoka67 Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Who was Isao Okano instructor
    Emanuele2

Isao Okano instructor Empty Re: Isao Okano instructor

Post by Emanuele2 Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:12 pm

I don't know if true, but once I read Isao Okano was a student of Kenshiro Abbe.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:11 am

I suspect that the reason why his coaches are not listed is the gaffe with colored judogi which meant he was not considered someone to be associated with.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:59 pm

Emanuele2 wrote:I don't know if true, but once I read Isao Okano was a student of Kenshiro Abbe.
    This I doubt is correct. Kenshiro Abbe was in the UK from 1955 onwards for many years, and prior to that he taught in the Kyoto area. Okano-sensei was only born in 1944 and grew up in Ibaraki Prefecture.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:08 am

In his book "Vital judo : Grappling techniques" Okano Isao (1944 - ), Tokyo, Japan, Japan Publications, 1976, 192p, ISBN 0870405179 in preface p. 6, he credits Kyoto police force instructor Hosotani Fumio for "greatly influencing my grappling techniques".  Whether he counts as his "instructor" is doubtful as he credits also Tomiki Kenji for encouraging study of new attacks and Okuda Yoshiro for "receiving much simulation in grappling techniques".

Whole passage
    "In the study leading to the production of Vital Judo: grappling techniques, I have enjoyed the inspiration and assistance of many people. My own grappling techniques have been greatly influenced by professor Fumio Hosotani, who is currently a judo instructor with the Kyoto police force. I received much stimulation in this aspect of judo from the outstanding judo expert Yoshiro Okuda. Professor Kenji Tomiki did much to encourage me in the hope of pioneering new kinds of initial attacks. In addition, I should like to express my gratitude to the following judo men, who gave unstintingly of their assistance in the production of this book: Katsuji Seki, Shinobu Sekine, Nobuyoshi Sato, Kazuhiro Ninomiya, Hisashi Tsuzawa, Takafumi Ueguchi, Masami Kina, Hidehiko Asanuma, Shozo Fujii, Yoshimi Hara, Koji Kuramoto, Takao Kawaguchi, Yoshiharu Minami, Katsuhiko Kashiwazaki and Kyosuke Sahara."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:47 pm