E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
cuivien
Cichorei Kano
6 posters

"Judo handle bars" as a new Japanese judo didactic teaching tool

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

"Judo handle bars" as a new Japanese judo didactic teaching tool Empty "Judo handle bars" as a new Japanese judo didactic teaching tool

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:47 am

cuivien
    cuivien

"Judo handle bars" as a new Japanese judo didactic teaching tool Empty Re: "Judo handle bars" as a new Japanese judo didactic teaching tool

Post by cuivien Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:45 pm

no sound on my computer at work, but from what I could get off the demo and fancy appearing/disappearing text, it's primarily a tool to aid the teaching of kuzushi...?

I must admit I didn't quite see the (certainly existing) gold value of the product tongue
    forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

"Judo handle bars" as a new Japanese judo didactic teaching tool Empty Re: "Judo handle bars" as a new Japanese judo didactic teaching tool

Post by forgeron judo Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:33 am

A didactic tool like many others, such as wheels and sticks etc but it does not emphasis the gripping of the costume. Having an intermediary between the two players does change the sensibility and perception, I reserve my judgement as to its value.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 am

So much for the didactic method of talking less and doing more. Very Happy

I don't see much use for the thing. The kuzushi demo used bad didactic method to highlight how the "handle bars" could improve things. The ukemi can be done simply by holding the judogi properly.

I guess everybody has to make a buck somehow.
    aiyotsu

Post by aiyotsu Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 am

Hello CK I see your book is out and you finally have your 5 stars.

I found the handle bars interesting.
    From a standpoint of todays Judo, the handlebars un-naturally straighten the arms allowing for easier controll of the balance point in the elbows. It also appears to work against the little understood principles contained in wakashime.
    I am considering the possibility that the demonstrators may be able to incorporate wakashime movement and acheive greater utility.
    From a perspective of older forms of Judo and Jujutsu I think the handle bars would have some limited usefull application in learning to throw against a two handed weapon attack where the arms are naturally more outstreached and manipulation of the elbows to easily destroy balance is a worthwhile skill to achieve.
    Probably though just working with the weapons or mock versions and good instruction will do the job better and quicker.
    kind regards aiyotsu
    Creamy creamy baileys
    Creamy creamy baileys

Post by Creamy creamy baileys Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:51 am

I can see some potential for that; I'm tempted to jury rig something from PVC pipe (the poor man's woodworking) to see what could be done with it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:05 pm