E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Hanon
saffer
6 posters

saffer

Newbie Empty Newbie

Post by saffer Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Hi, I found my way here from Judoforum.com and thought I would introduce myself.

I've just started Judo at the ripe old age of 33 after watching my Daughter for the past 18 months.

I broke my back about 4 years ago and have been using it as an excuse to sit on my backside and play Xbox.

I've only been going for a few weeks, and I've been under some sort of newbie protection, which is now slowly being taken away as I'm being roughed up a bit more.

Any advice for a late starter would be greatly appreciated!
    Hanon

Newbie Empty Re: Newbie

Post by Hanon Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:59 pm

saffer wrote:Hi, I found my way here from Judoforum.com and thought I would introduce myself.

I've just started Judo at the ripe old age of 33 after watching my Daughter for the past 18 months.

I broke my back about 4 years ago and have been using it as an excuse to sit on my backside and play Xbox.

I've only been going for a few weeks, and I've been under some sort of newbie protection, which is now slowly being taken away as I'm being roughed up a bit more.

Any advice for a late starter would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to both judo and this forum.

Warm your body.

Stretch your warm body.

Learn and practice Ukemi (break falls) every lesson. So important and VITAL for all judoka.

Remember you are there to enjoy your new hobby.

Listen to your teacher.

DO NOT try to imitate other judoka and what they perform. Take your judo at your own pace.

If you do something that hurts you are doing something wrong, ask your teacher what it is.

Learn to bend your knees!! lol

Learn as much as you can about how to maintain control over your own head. Ones head is rather heavy and novices tend to fall over even when trying to throw a partner, Often this is due to the thrower (tori) not controlling his head movement and allowing himself to 'walk the dog', head down ass back!

After practice cool down properly and have a hot bath.

Be prepared for many years to feel sore somewhere the next day, I don't mean broken, that stage comes with advanced age! You are very young.

Learn your break falls

ENJOY your judo, enjoy and make new friends. Be prepared to develop an addiction that can consume a large part of your life.

Don't be a wise ass, look after yourself and those you practice with. Control your testosterone and you will be fine.

Learn your break falls.

Mike,

PS, don't forget to practice your break falls every lesson after warming and stretching.
    lomew

Post by lomew Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:17 am

Hey Guys my name is Lomew.I am a newly join human personality on this forum.I seek this forum
    through Google.I am living in Australia.My hobby is music,Games etc.The basic purpose of join this forum is that i like its topics.I participate on
    this forum like a human.good luck!!

orange county gyms

Last edited by lomew on Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 am

lomew wrote:
    Hey Guys my name is Lomew.I am a newly join human personality on this forum.I seek this forum
    through Google.I am living in Australia.My hobby is music,Games etc.The basic purpose of join this forum is that i like its topics.I participate on

Welcome human personality. I hope you will enjoy your time here.

Best wishes,

Mike
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:49 pm

lomew wrote:

Newbie Z5SBTaH
    Rob GBR
    Rob GBR

Post by Rob GBR Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:58 pm

mark??
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

lomew wrote:

G'day Mate, I am in Melbourne. PM me if your down this way and you can drop in anytime at my club.

Cheers.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:30 am

Hanon wrote:
    lomew wrote:

Best wishes,

Mike

I nearly spit my coffee all over my monitor after I read your response. lol!
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 am

Dave R. wrote:
    Hanon wrote:
    lomew wrote:

Best wishes,

Mike

I nearly spit my coffee all over my monitor after I read your response. lol!

Hiya Dave,
    How are you mate? Good to see you here. Any news from you?
    Mike

Post by Guest Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 am

[quote="Hanon]

Hiya Dave,

Mike[/quote]

Hanon-sensei,

Things are going well. Thank you for asking. I'm back to training regularly. Last year was an odd year for where were I probably only practiced six or seven times. I stayed in shape but honestly I think the break was a good thing as I now feel a renewed sense of dedication to improving. I train with a small group of people and I have fun doing it. I have practice tonight and quite frankly it's all I can think about at the moment while I type this at work.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 am

Dave R. wrote:[quote="Hanon]

Hiya Dave,

Mike

Hanon-sensei,

Things are going well. Thank you for asking. I'm back to training regularly. Last year was an odd year for where were I probably only practiced six or seven times. I stayed in shape but honestly I think the break was a good thing as I now feel a renewed sense of dedication to improving. I train with a small group of people and I have fun doing it. I have practice tonight and quite frankly it's all I can think about at the moment while I type this at work.[/quote]

This is indeed good news.
    I used to take a few days off judo just to build the tension so I wanted to practice so bad I could taste it. Hang on that sounds masochistic?Shocked
    Watching from the side once per two months is also a very useful tool in learning judo.
    Pleased you are back!
    Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 2:08 pm