E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
ThePieman
Jonesy
6 posters

New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan

Jonesy
    Jonesy

New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan  Empty New rules explained by Neil Adams

Post by Jonesy Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:03 am

ThePieman
    ThePieman

New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan  Empty New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan

Post by ThePieman Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:36 pm

If you click the You Tube icon you can read the interesting discussion going on below the video... study
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan  Empty Re: New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan

Post by Ricebale Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:34 pm

He makes a good point, progressive Judo was allowed
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan  Empty Re: New Rules Exposed & Explained II: with Neil Adams 8th Dan

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:14 am

We got an excellent explanation of the new rules this weekend at the Pacific International in Vancouver, BC.

The oddest one was not allowing leg grabbing to attack an opponent who is in ne waza unless tori first enters ne waza.

Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:34 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:We got an excellent explanation of the new rules this weekend at the Pacific International in Vancouver, BC.

The oddest one was not allowing leg grabbing to attack an opponent who is in ne waza unless tori first enters ne waza.

Do you take that to mean you have to drop to one knee before you can grab the leg for a turnover, if so, can you stand back up to complete the turnover? This bit has me confused
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:14 am

as I was hanging out and drinking beer with Ben for most the weekend Very Happy you do need to drop to 1 knee to enter into newaza.if you stood up after the entry started it would be fine as long as the motion is continuous.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:20 am

While I do not agree with the majority of the rule changes,I can at least understand some of the reasoning behind them.
    Not being allowed to grab your opponents leg when they are in newaza before entering newaza yourself is just ridiculous.How the hell does that equate to negative judo???

All of judo goes at our dojo,and always will.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:29 am

tafftaz wrote:While I do not agree with the majority of the rule changes,I can at least understand some of the reasoning behind them.
    Not being allowed to grab your opponents leg when they are in newaza before entering newaza yourself is just ridiculous.How the hell does that equate to negative judo???

All of judo goes at our dojo,and always will.

I understand your frustration the problem is you're thinking more than the referees are entitled to do. If you follow the rule to the letter when uke drops tore is still in tachiwaza, and tore can not grab the leg until he is in newaza.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:07 pm